Manager, Operations and Engagement
Location: United States, Georgia, Atlanta
Hotel: Corp Atlanta Ravinia (ATLR3)
Job number: R188779
Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Your day to day
The Operations and Engagement Manager is responsible for overseeing and executing the IHGOA Engagement Module facilitating meetings between owner volunteers and IHG. The IHGOA Engagement Model is a vital component of the IHG Owners Association and the ongoing relationship management between all key stakeholders is vital. The Operations and Engagement Manager is the liaison between all key stakeholders and ensures all meetings are efficient and effective by determining which owner volunteers are represented on each committee and planning all meeting logistics on behalf of the committee leadership. Additionally, the Operations and Engagement Manager supports the general operations of Working Groups including the application process, seating of committees, managing engagement on the committees, engagement with all stakeholders, and all communications coming out of the Operations and Engagement team.
Key Tasks and Activities
- Manages all logistics, communication and execution between committee leadership, committee members and IHG leadership for all in person and virtual committee meetings
- Oversees the development of committee charters and measurable success metrics with committee leadership and IHG
- Manages the selection process of owner volunteer committee members for each committee annually
- Manages the committee volunteer roster with accurate member database information
- Schedules and facilitates committee member orientations annually
- Collaborates with Director, Working Groups and Director, Meeting Planning to schedule all committee meetings
- Manages all committee communications, including meeting invitations, meeting documentation, minutes, follow up on action items, collecting and sending pre- and post-reads
- Ensures Roberts Rules of Order are used during all committee meetings
- Manages the volunteer application process annually, including all communications, reporting, follow-up and process improvement
- Manages the standards vetting and advice and counsel process within committees, ensuring all documentation is accurate
- Maintains all non-disclosure agreements as it relates to confidential information
- Ongoing relationship management with volunteers and committee members to ensure positive member engagement with the IHG Owners Association
- Maintain ongoing communications with committee members through the Online Community
- Represent the IHG Owners Association at industry events, trade shows and conferences
What we need from you
- Proven ability to build and manage client relationships, including internal teams and external members
- Excellent listening, verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Strong database administration experience
- Strong office software skills, including Microsoft O365, Salesforce.com, Cvent.com
- Business acumen and strong organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Deadline-oriented, ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to prepare and present compelling presentations to executive level audiences
Education and Work Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field
- Minimum 5 years of meeting or project management, client management and operations management experience is required
- Preferred background in hospitality and/or non-profit sector
- Up to 35% of job duties require travel
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.