Finance Manager, Capital and Cashflow
Location: United Kingdom, England, Denham
Hotel: Corp Denham
Job number: R186936
IHG is one of the world’s leading hotel companies, promising to provide True Hospitality for everyone; making you feel welcome and cared for, recognised and respected, wherever you are in the world. Strong future plans and recent successes, especially across the luxury space is what has made us stand out from the crowd.
Join us and not only can you benefit from the world of variety and opportunity, you can also look forward to being part of a company that will appreciate you for simply being you. At IHG we celebrate our differences and we believe everyone has something unique to bring to each team.
Your day to day
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the finance function to provide support in ensuring allocation, appraisal and approval of capital across the Group in line with the Strategic Ambition, the Delegation Of Authority, and guidelines issued by the CFO, EC, or Board.
If you are flexible, have a proactive approach with an ability to identify key issues and enjoys a fast-paced environment, this could be the next move for you.
Also, this role has the option to be based in either Denham or Branston.
The role is wide-ranging and will require involvement with a variety of different areas. The wide range of duties and responsibilities which may be faced will include:
- Supporting preparation of the Group capital and mid/long-range cashflow forecast.
- Assisting allocation of available capital across expenditure types, strategic initiatives, and regions/functions
- Understanding Group guidelines on capital appraisal
- Understanding the IHG valuation model and answers ad-hoc questions on its workings from stakeholders
- Managing the approval of capital and other expenditure to the Executive Committee Capital Sub-Committee in line with Group Delegation of Authority policies, and manages the group’s Post Project Review process for presentation to Board Audit Committee
- Contributing to maintenance of the group full year and multi-year view of cash flow forecast, working with stakeholder functions to determine inputs and cash inflows/outflows.
- Assisting with the preparation of the Group capital and cashflow Budget, Plan and Long-Rang Plan.
- Proactively providing insightful analysis and updates to CFO, Board, EC, & Investor Relations on Group capital, investment, and cashflow, including around external financial announcements.
What we need from you
- Strong commercial finance acumen, underpinned by experience across several finance disciplines, preferably within a Global finance function.
- Strong understanding of IHG’s global business, and hospitality industry dynamics, effective at identifying broader business trends and highlighting these to senior management through clear and effective communication.
- Strong understanding of financial modelling/analysis and financial principles, and capital and project appraisal
- Experience of Capital/Cashflow PBF and reporting processes in a global organisation.
- Experience in external financial reporting and group financial analysis and planning.
- Strong relationship management, verbal and written communication, and strategic & analytical skills required.
What we offer
We like to believe we offer a unique culture, where there’s inclusivity yet room to be yourself. When hard work pays off, it’s positive to know you’re appreciated.
Alongside our great working environment (currently virtual/remote working environment), we’ll offer you a strong package firstly including an industry competitive salary, an annual bonus, healthcare and incredible worldwide hotel discounts.
For this particular role, we are offering the choice between being based in either our Denham OR Branston Head Office.
As an equal opportunity employer, IHG is committed to providing a working culture that values diversity and inclusion and is committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a barrier-free recruitment process.