Manager, Franchise Performance Support
Location: United States, California, San Diego
Hotel: Remote US (IHGHQ)
Job number: R190459
Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Your day to day
Location: Southern California area from Los Angeles through San Diego
Travel: 10-25% through 2021 and then expanded travel in 2022
Act as a single point of support from IHG, driving hotel performance through trusted relationships with owners (and hotel operators as-needed) and fostering growth with existing owners. Provide consultation and customer service support to ownership and management of hotels in a pre-determined portfolio within the Americas Region of approximately 50 owners. Interact with owners and GM (in live annual meeting) to create strategic plans for hotels, conduct bi-monthly virtual performance consulting calls with GM (and owner, if needed), field incoming calls and answer questions or provide information regarding brand initiatives, hotel standards and operations, rate and inventory management, and service and quality planning. Deploy Franchise Revenue Managers, Franchise Sales & Marketing Managers, or Franchise Operations Support Managers to support highly technical/specialized issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
- Lead annual strategic meeting with each owner/GM to discuss hotel performance, set performance goals and develop strategic plan for the year.
- Contact and consult with hotel operators and hotel management company staff (and owners, if needed) of franchised properties on performance across the Winning Metrics (including but not limited to specific revenue opportunities (RevPAR, RGI), sales and marketing, channel strategy, guest experience, operations) via bi-monthly virtual performance consulting calls.
- Develop action plans with hotel owners and operators to implement/execute on strategic plans
- Answer inbound inquiries and requests from owners and hotel leadership in portfolio across all areas of hotel operations and performance (e.g., revenue management, operations, new initiatives, standards). Work with internal departments to bring resolution.
- Assess hotel performance issues and deploy Franchise Revenue Managers, Franchise Sales & Marketing Managers, or Franchise Operations Support Managers to consult on highly technical/specialized issues at the portfolio or individual hotel level
- Lead market meetings and Owner conference meetings to cover broad performance issues, provide face-to-face contact with hotel leadership and owners efficiently
- Conduct post-inspection follow-up based on results of inspection conducted by Hotel Inspections Team
- Contact Development to share information about potential growth leads from owners in portfolio
- Guide work associates in the development of procedures for hotel executional elements in areas such as guest services/relations, reservations, sales, and food & beverage, based on knowledge of ongoing hotel issues obtained from daily contact with hotel management.
- Interact with PIP, Plan Review, and HOST teams when a hotel is in pre-opening phases or going through a renovation. Keeps these teams apprised of any special circumstances at the hotel or with the owner.
- Establish contact with owners and/or new hotel opening project managers to familiarize them with the opening process upon license execution.
- Contact key hotel personnel on outbound call activity to support revenue-generating activities of the Hotel Operations teams.
- Contact owners when hotel has entered any IHG compliance processes or about IHG’s plans as a hotel nears the end of its license term
- Provide input at FAC and FCC regarding licensing or termination of hotels in their portfolio
- Stay abreast of all IHG interactions with hotels and owners/management companies in assigned portfolio
What we need from you
- Bachelors degree in Hotel Management, Business, Education, or a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- 4-7 years progressive work-related experience with demonstrated proficiency in customer service within the Service/Hospitality industry, specifically involving hotel operations and/or training.
Technical Skills and Knowledge –
- Demonstrated expertise in hotel operations; of rules, laws and regulations relating to new hotel openings; and of applicable systems and programs.
- Demonstrated expertise in commercial areas: revenue management, sales and marketing, channel strategy
- Ability to collaborate/coordinate Specialists to direct services where most needed
- Demonstrated clear, concise and succinct communication skills, including adapting both verbal and written communications to the needs and level of user, especially via phone and other virtual means of communication
- Demonstrated knowledge of hotel systems, programs and training principles and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to keep current with industry trends/changes.
- Demonstrated problem solving and time management skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks/clients required.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.