Manager Finance & Business Support at HIEX & Suites Singapore Novena
Hotel Brand: Holiday Inn Express
Hotel: Singapore Novena (SINOV), 201 Balestier Road
Job number: 105737
IHG is one of the world’s leading hotel companies, with a promise to provide True Hospitality for Good. Making everyone feel welcome and cared for, recognised and respected, whoever and wherever they are in the world. Join us and not only can you benefit from the world of variety and opportunity that comes with working for a global organisation, but you can also look forward to being part of a company that will appreciate you for being you. We give you room to be yourself.
Do you see yourself as Manager Finance & Business Support with IHG at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Singapore Novena?
At IHG, along with being drawn by our reputation and facilities, our guests come for a deeper connection to each other, our colleagues and themselves. And we are ready to make it happen.
Our colleagues are fundamental to delivering the memorable experiences, and we are committed to creating a culture as diverse as the distinct hotels in our portfolio. If you think you have it in you then we would love to hear from you.
As Manager Finance & Business Support, you will need to strike on financial targets including overhead and related efficiency targets, overall budget, as well as the Hotels GOP & revenue targets. If you’re who we are looking for, you will be able to ensure that the department’s financial activities align with the IHG financial strategy and that the hotel’s financial policies have been effectively implemented.
You will overlook daily bank reconciliations, general cashiering, payroll processing in conjunction with IHG, AP & AR, purchasing, reports, following tax legislations, developing and implementing financial control procedures and systems as well as compiling and maintaining the General manager and Department Heads budget and forecasts relating to all activities of the hotel.
You will manage the department's daily activities while you plan and organise work, communicate goals, and schedule employees to ensure proper coverage.
You’ll also play a key role in creating a positive and productive work environment; building, motivating and upskilling the Finance department to ensure they are highly engaged.
For you to be the ideal candidate, you should have the following:
• Ideally, we are looking for a well-rounded Manager Finance & Business Support with strong background and with 3 years + experience in a similar position with reputed brands.
• To be successful in this role, you must be responsible for the accuracy and consistency of all financial data submitted to the General Manager, IHG, and hotel owners, as well as the accurate and timely preparation of all weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports. You will be held accountable for the annual budgets and monthly projections.
• The leading candidate will have a track record of stellar internal stakeholder and owner management, brand delivery expertise, and the power to influence and impact the overall IHG and hotel agenda and implementation.
• You should be a confident communicator with the ability to lead and develop your teams and influence across all areas of the business.
• Strategic thinking, the ability to explore new ways of working and an open mind around how we can drive the Hotel forward and deliver unrivalled guest journeys will be highly advantageous.
In return we'll give you a competitive benefit package including, hotel discounts worldwide and the opportunity to progress your career with IHG®. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to belong.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual's, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams, and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.