Manager, Brand Public Relations
Hotel Brand: IHG Corporate
Location: United States, Georgia, Atlanta
Hotel: Corp Atlanta Ravinia (ATLR3)
Job number: R200753
Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Your day to day
Develop and deliver PR plans that deliver cut through news and consumer PR coverage for our brands, to increase awareness, preference and drive commercial results
- Develop and deliver PR that generates coverage to win the hearts and minds of consumers - setting our distinct brands apart from the competition in our markets
- Use Earned media – in partnership with owned and social channels – to deliver global brand objectives
- Work as part of Consumer PR team to develop strategies and plans - working with stakeholders to understand business and commercial needs in order to inform strategy and plans
- Design, develop and deliver integrated communications plans to drive coverage for our brands and markets
- Develop press materials, briefing documents and media assets
- Daily management of agencies required to deliver plans, ensuring alignment, consistency, efficiency, effectiveness and value for money
- Scan the media for new ideas that can add value to our plans and keep the team up to speed on the latest media thinking
- Keep informed about competitor activity and think creatively about how our plans can help us to stand out from the crowd
- Day to day media relations
- Liaising with various levels of the business (internal an external) and hotels to ensure the success of media relations
- Training, advice and support to team members as required.
- Subject matter expert on media relations tactics and delivery, includes handling of media enquiries
- Effective reporting, performance data and analytics to measure ROI, on a weekly, quarterly and annual basis, as well as ad-hoc for specific campaigns
What we need from you
- Degree level – preferably in a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- Excellent English and any further languages would be valuable, though not essential
Critical Expertise & Experience:
- At least five years’ experience in external communications
- Experience of working within a complex business with a range of stakeholders. Knowledge and understanding of the hospitality industry would be a bonus
- Experience of agency management and or agency background
- Strong writing skills and creativity
- Strong media relations skills and relationships
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage multiple projects
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- Min 5 years work related experience with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines
- Knowledge of the US media landscape
- Strong written and oral communication in English
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing, and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual's, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.
Not Applicable for Colorado Applicants
# #LI-AA1 |