Manager, Brand PR
Hotel Brand: IHG Corporate
Location: United States, Georgia, Atlanta
Hotel: Corp Atlanta Ravinia (ATLR3)
Job number: R197354
Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
Develop brand communication strategies and implement processes, activities, and programs that result in positive earned media coverage on behalf of IHG Hotels & Resorts and its Essentials, Premium and Suites brands. Provide consistent messages and timely dissemination of information, in order to increase awareness of the organization’s activities and generate awareness of the company. Coordinate communication efforts with other stakeholders within the organization so consistent messages are being received by shared audiences. Develop, design, lead and manage PR communications plans to support adoption and awareness for stakeholder groups. Provide expert counsel on communications best practices, channels and execution.
Your day to day
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage communications plans and content development both within assigned organization, as well as regional and other global business units to ensure a cohesive communications strategy regarding implementation and ongoing structure of the organization and other communications plans.
- Develop and deliver PR plans that generate earned media coverage, including individual components addressing identified key audiences. Ensure that plan meets organizational communication goals and that communications are consistent in tone of message, look and feel of communication, and adherence to overall Company standards.
- Use Earned media – in partnership with owned and social channels – to deliver global brand objectives.
- Work as part of Consumer PR team to develop strategies and plans - working with stakeholders to understand business and commercial needs in order to inform strategy and plans
- Design, develop and deliver integrated communications plans to drive coverage for our brands and markets
- Develop press materials, briefing documents and media assets
- Daily management of agencies required to deliver plans, ensuring alignment, consistency, efficiency, effectiveness and value for money
- Scan the media for new ideas that can add value to our plans and keep the team up to speed on the latest media thinking
- Keep informed about competitor activity and think creatively about how our plans can help us to stand out from the crowd
- Day to day media relations
- Liaising with various levels of the business (internal an external) and hotels to ensure the success of media relations
- Training, advice and support to team members as required.
- Subject matter expert on media relations tactics and delivery, includes handling of media enquiries
- Effective reporting, performance data and analytics to measure ROI, on a weekly, quarterly and annual basis, as well as ad-hoc for specific campaigns
What we need from you
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a Marketing, Advertising, Journalism, English, or similar relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- 6-10 years progressive work-related experience with demonstrated proficiency related to the position.
Technical Skills and Knowledge –
- Demonstrated strong writing, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent knowledge of working within a Windows environment
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion in handling confidential information and crisis management issues.
- Demonstrated excellence in preparing clear and concise written business communications for all types and levels of audiences.
- Must possess excellent time and project management and organizational skills.
- Strong customer-focus orientation
- Demonstrated ability to influence and communicate with all levels of management and employees.
- Strong business focus with ability to think strategically (3-5 years out) and research pertinent business trends.
- Some travel is required
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual's, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams, and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.