Maintenance Utility (195556)
Hotel Brand: IHG Army Hotels
Location: United States, Georgia, Fort Gordon
Hotel: IHG Army Hotels - Fort Gordon (MFGRA)
Job number: R187112
Do you see yourself as a Maintenance Utility Worker?
What's your passion? Whether you're into reading, rowing a boat or trying a new recipe, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
This role has the overall responsibility to assist in the maintenance department.
IHG Army Hotels is looking for a Maintenance Utility team members at our Fort Gordon, GA location. At IHG Army Hotels, our mission is to provide great on-post hotel stay experiences to military personnel, families, as well as guests. We do this by providing convenient, reasonably priced hotels on 40 installations across the nation- many featuring brand-name hotels previously only offered off post.
Your day to day
Key job duties and responsibilities for the Maintenance Utility team member include:
- Complete basic maintenance related tasks and deep cleaning to keep guest rooms and public areas in an excellent state of cleanliness and repair.
- Assist with completion of the preventative maintenance checklist and complete minor repairs work orders such as replacing ceiling tiles, light bulbs, patching vinyl, unclogging toilets replacing faucet washers, etc.
- Clean and sweep the parking lot and sidewalk areas.
- Cut, prune and water the lawn and plants as necessary and dispose of the trimmings.
- Empty all trashcans on a daily basis
- Report all unsafe conditions or malfunctioning equipment to supervisor.. Adhere to all established safety policies and procedures.
- Follow procedures that ensure the security of inventory such as tools, supplies, equipment, etc., replenish supplies and inventory in a timely and efficient manner, and minimize waste.
- Respond in a courteous and prompt manner to all guest questions and/or requests to ensure strong guest satisfaction.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Perform other duties as necessary
What we need from you
Requirements include a High School diploma or equivalent, basic reading and writing skills, plus some maintenance experience is required. You may be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying, lifting, pulling or pushing items weighing up to 100-300 pounds
- Frequently standing up and moving about the buildings and grounds
- Frequently handling objects and equipment
- Frequently bending, stooping, kneeling
- Working knowledge of basic non-skilled maintenance tasks such as plunging toilets, changing light bulbs and replacing faucet washers.
- Working knowledge of lawn/plant care equipment and tools.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized in order to document or record all tasks completed, to order supplies, to receive instructions for the day or to read equipment safety/repair manuals.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Basic math skills are used frequently.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating and training abilities are often used.
This position also requires you to be authorized to work in the United States and the ability to pass an NCIC III background check in order to gain access to the military installation.
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.