Maintenance Technician l InterContinental Miami Downtown
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United States, Florida, Miami
Hotel: InterContinental - Miami (MIAHA)
Job number: R194515
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
A Shining Star Among Downtown Miami Hotels, the InterContinental Miami features the city's premier accommodations, convention, and meeting facilities. Overlooking sparkling Biscayne Bay, we provide a secure, inviting environment in a well-established area of the city. Priding ourselves on being ONE GREAT TEAM, sixth year in a row honored one of the TOP WORKPLACES of South Florida by the Sun Sentinel.
Your day to day
Keeping our hotel running smoothly is vital to our guest's experience – as Maintenance Representative you’ll keep everything looking sharp and running like clockwork from simple repairs to forward-thinking for the next day. With naturally high standards to support our own, you’ll approach every task with devotion and pride.
- Repair or replace items around the hotel and refurbish items in guest rooms. By keeping on top of these tasks, you’ll keep our hotels looking great and working well.
- Organise supplies and make sure equipment is ready for the next day
- Live up to high safety standards – follow guidelines and tell your supervisor about any incidents, dangerous conditions or unsafe equipment
- Take responsibility for the safety and cleanliness of areas inside and outside the hotel, like the car park and pool
- Always keep an eye out for improvements – follow the preventative maintenance calendar and keep everything working and efficient at all times
- Be a friendly face and helping hand to our guests
- Keep your supervisor or duty manager in the loop and tell them about any low running supplies
- Look smart and approachable in your uniform
- Be ready to take on extra duties as and when the team needs you
What we need from you
- Experience – you’ll have at least one year of maintenance or repair work under your belt
- A high school diploma or related vocational training
- You’ll be familiar with Microsoft Office, a building management programme and/or any other reporting tools like HotSos, Opera, Lutron, Bartech, or Inncom
- On top of building equipment and hand tools, you’ll have a working knowledge of basic plumbing, electrics and preventative maintenance procedures
- CPO certification – if the hotel has a pool, a Certified Pool Operator license would be ideal
- Fitness – you’ll be on your feet most of the day, and will need to bend and kneel a lot
- Compliance – as well as meeting local laws on food handling and serving alcohol, you’ll be above the minimum age required and fluent in the local language
- Great communication skills, you’ll be warm, welcoming and easy to talk to
What we offer
In return we will give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/ Females/ Veterans/ Disabled
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.