Maintenance Manager (Full-Time)
Hotel Brand: voco
Location: United Kingdom, Glasgow
Hotel: Grand Central Glasgow (GLAGS), 99 Gordon Street, G1 3SF
Job number: 103265
Kimpton Blythswood Square are looking for a Maintenance Manager to join their 5* team…
Our Maintenance Manager will join our wider Management team as a key member in ensuring the Health and Safety of our Team and Guests; maintenance of the building and coaching of our Maintenance Team. You will report into our Director of Facilities and Engineering and work closely with the wider Hotel team to provide a luxurious Kimpton stay to each of our guests.
This role has the added benefit of a Monday to Friday shift pattern with weekends off*, plus we are offering a competitive salary based on experience!
As our Maintenance Manager, your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- People management: coaching and mentoring our Maintenance team; implementing and monitoring training to ensure everyone is trained to the highest standards within brand standards and managing performance.
- Budget management: department forecasting, handling expenses and working to the Hotel’s budget.
- Preventative maintenance: investigating current processes to identify areas of improvement and implementing preventative maintenance programmes, continuous monitoring of the building infrastructure.
- Reactive maintenance: working on adhoc incidents to ensure safety of wider Hotel team and our guests whilst investigating cause of incidents.
- Health and safety: ensuring statutory compliance being met, in depth knowledge of Health and Safety legislation to ensure team is meeting legal standards and IHG specific policies.
- Contractor management: managing on-site contractors, communication with contractors and external stakeholders regarding current contracts and negotiating new contracts.
To succeed as our Maintenance Manager, you will need:
- Experience as a Maintenance or Facilities Manager (ideally within a Hotel environment)
- Excellent organisation skills, managing administrative responsibilities of the role whilst also being confident in IT systems (essential)
- Experience in all aspects of maintenance that may be expected within a Hotel such as painting and decorating, carpentry, French polishing, activities generally expected of a Maintenance Assistant
- Trained in and application of Preventative Maintenance
- Knowledge of appropriate hotel systems to support operational processes such as service optimisation tool (Quore/Hotsos/Knowcross) and the Building Management System
- Qualification in plumbing or electricity will be an advantage (IOSH qualified is highly desirable)
- Proven track record with success at coaching and training team members
- Proven record of self-initiative and demonstrating capability to lead a team
So what’s in it for you (just in case you need more persuading)…
- Competitive salary to be discussed at interview stage, based on experience!
- Monday to Friday shift pattern - weekends off! *with the exception of sickness cover and holiday cover
- 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Worldwide employee and friends & family hotel room rates
- Discounts on retail and various activities through our benefit portal
- Employee assistance programme 24/7
- Recognition programmes
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- Meals whilst on duty
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
Do you have what it takes to be our Maintenance Manager? We’d love to hear from you.
Please click ‘apply’ now!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We firmly believe that all our colleagues deserve to be treated equally and have the same opportunities to develop and grow their skills within our business and provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and colleagues without regard to an individual's, race, colour, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether..
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.