Maintenance Manager (Full Time)- Hotel Indigo Adelaide Markets
Hotel Brand: Hotel Indigo
Location: Australia, South Australia, Adelaide
Hotel: Hotel Indigo - Adelaide Markets (ADLMK)
Job number: EMEAA35325
At Hotel Indigo, we welcome all guests into our neighborhood and share our love for the place we call home. We inspire them to explore and discover different perspectives, so everyone one of them can create new stories of their own.
Set in the food mecca that is Adelaide Markets, this is a hotel for locals and visitors alike. The first Hotel Indigo to be launched in Australia, Hotel Indigo Adelaide Markets comprises 145 guest rooms, a lively restaurant- Market & Meander, and the iconic rooftop bar- Merrymaker with panoramic views of Adelaide, we are setting the trend for local dining and cosmic cocktails!
Your day to day
Keeping our hotel running smoothly is vital to our guest's experience. As the Maintenance Manager, you'll form a vital part of our hotel, keeping everything looking sharp and running like clockwork.
We are looking for a proactive Maintenance Manager to join our team. Reporting to the General Manager, this role to lead the Maintenance function at our Hotel. From simple repairs to forward-thinking for the next day. With naturally high standards to support our own, you’ll approach every task with dedication and pride. You'll be required to organise and perform routine & preventative maintenance for the Hotel's equipment and facilities to ensure they operate efficiently.
You will be comfortable navigating budgets and monthly P&Ls, forward-thinking in how we can be more efficient as a business through preventative maintenance programs and knowledgeable in major hotel equipment (example: lighting, refrigeration, heating, air-conditioning, water treatment systems, and pools).
What we need from you
Our Maintenance Manager will have a few key traits that will see them succeed in this exciting opportunity
- At least two years of experience in general building maintenance or construction, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Hotel Maintenance or facilities management experience preferred.
- Current trade certificate in refrigeration, air-conditioning, water treatment systems or electricals
- You’ll be familiar with Microsoft Office, a building management programme and/or any other reporting tools like HotSos, Opera.
- On top of building equipment and hand tools, you’ll have a working knowledge of basic plumbing, electrics and preventative maintenance procedures
- Fitness – you’ll be on your feet most of the day, and will need to bend and kneel a lot.
- Compliance – Thorough understanding of Australian Standards for fire & building compliance.
- Great communication skills, you’ll be warm, welcoming and easy to talk to
What we offer
Join our extraordinary world and experience a place where you can be yourself, share your ideas, support your personal growth and wellbeing, and be a valued member of an inspirational team.
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a suite of benefits that supports you and your family’s wellbeing, including paid birthday leave, enhanced parental leave, flexible work options, and proactive health days. Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development program, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG. In addition to the always-popular hotel perks like accommodation and food & beverage discounts, our discount retail platform makes your pay go even further.
We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too. Visit http://careers.ihg.com/ to find out more about us.
To find out more about Hotel Indigo Adelaide Markets visit - https://adelaide.hotelindigo.com/
Follow us on Instagram and Facebook- @hotelindigoadelaidemarkets
Follow us on Linkedin- https://www.linkedin.com/company/hotel-indigo-adelaide-markets/
**You must have full working rights in Australia**
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.