Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: United States, Georgia, Atlanta
Hotel: Buckhead Atlanta (ATLBH), 3315 Peachtree Rd. Ne, 30326
Job number: 123061
Keeping our hotel running smoothly is vital to our guest's experience – as Maintenance Engineer you’ll keep everything looking sharp and running like clockwork. From simple repairs to forward-thinking for the next day. With naturally high standards to support our own, you’ll approach every task with devotion and pride.
- Perform maintenance and repairs for assigned area of expertise such as the interior and exterior of buildings, hotel rooms and contents, laundry and kitchen/refrigeration equipment, lighting, heating, air conditioning (HVAC), ventilation, and water treatment systems, and swimming pool-if applicable, etc.
- Ensure that assigned equipment is prepared and operational for the following day’s work.
- Adhere to federal, state and local regulations concerning safety or other compliance requirements, as well as brand standards and local policy and procedures to ensure quality, safety, and consistency. Report all unsafe conditions or malfunctioning equipment to supervisor. May educate and train hotel staff in the safe and proper use of equipment.
- Follow procedures that ensure the security of inventory and assets such as tools, supplies, equipment, furniture, televisions, etc., replenishes supplies and inventory in a timely and efficient manner, and minimizes waste.
- Respond in a courteous and prompt manner to all guest questions, complaints and/or requests to ensure strong guest satisfaction.
- May also perform other minor maintenance and repairs and/or conduct preventative maintenance duties as needed.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
Key Skills & Experiences
- Experience – you’ll have at least one year of maintenance or repair work under your belt.
- A high school diploma or related vocational training.
- You’ll be familiar with Microsoft Office, a building management program and/or any other reporting tools like HotSos, Opera, Lutron, Bartech, or Inncom.
- On top of building equipment and hand tools, you’ll have a working knowledge of basic plumbing, electrics and preventative maintenance procedures.
- CPO certification –a Certified Pool Operator license would be ideal.
- Fitness – you’ll be on your feet most of the day, and will need to bend and kneel a lot.
- Compliance – as well as meeting local laws on food handling and serving alcohol, you’ll be above the minimum age required and fluent in the local language.
- Great communication skills, you’ll be warm, welcoming and easy to talk to.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.