Maintenance Assistant (Handyperson) | Holiday Inn Auckland Airport
Hotel Brand: Holiday Inn
Location: New Zealand, Auckland, Auckland
Hotel: Holiday Inn - Auckland Airport (AKLAP)
Job number: EMEAA22048
Travel is a journey. At Holiday Inn, we help make it a joy.
We thrive on making our guests stays brighter, helping them create memories that will last a lifetime. Irresistible smiles are our specialty. We should know, we’ve been on our journey since 1952. So if you can help us spread the joy of travel to all, we’d love to give you a warm welcome to the Holiday Inn® family.
We are looking for a Maintenance Assistant (Handyperson) to join our team now as we continue our operation as a Government Managed Isolation Facility (MIF) at Holiday Inn Auckland Airport.
If working in a MIF is something you are interested in, keep on reading!
Your day to day
There is never a dull day here in our Maintenance department as you'll be on full tilt with general maintenance and painting.
- Perform all routine and assigned general maintenance
- Maintain plant rooms
- Log daily work reports
- Perform all painting of the hotel required
- Adhere to Workplace health and safety procedure
Hotels are 24/7 which means there is so much that goes on in a day! Sound like you? Keep reading...
What we need from you
- Experience is advantageous, but you will need some general maintenance knowledge;
- Willingness to learn;
- Team Player;
- Experience with painting;
- Previous hotel experience is advantageous;
- This role is is great for a first time Maintenance role for someone who has been studying in a similar area;
- Actively display IHG's True Hospitality service behaviours on a daily basis;
- Be flexible with your days/hours - being able to sometimes work weekends and public holidays;
- You will be required to receive a COVID-19 test every 14 days as part of the Workplace Testing Order required by the Government as we are a Managed Isolation Facility;
- Be willing to get vaccinated as this is a requirement as per the Public Health (Vaccinations) Order 2021 as an affected persons conducting work onsite at the hotel.
What we offer
Well, where do we start?!
- An opportunity to kick-start your career adventure with a company that can take you around the world!
- Free meals whilst on duty
- Complimentary parking onsite
- IHG hotel discounts worldwide
- Working alongside our incredible people
Want to find out more about our career adventures? Follow us on Instagram...
Please note that due to current boarder restrictions, you must currently reside in New Zealand. You must also have eligible working rights to work in New Zealand.