Maintenance Assistant (Full-Time)
Hotel Brand: voco
Location: United Kingdom, Glasgow
Hotel: Principal Glasgow Grand Central (GLAGS), 99 Gordon Street, G1 3SF
Job number: 100370
voco Grand Central are looking for a Maintenance Assistant to join our growing team.
Salary up to £24,960 per annum – (40 hour, per week contract) - £12.00 per hour, All Overtime Paid
Are you ready to bring your exceptional Maintenance skills and expertise to a crucial role in a world-leading lifestyle hotel?
As ‘Maintenance Assistant’ you’ll be behind the scenes, delivering on our mission!
You’ll be fastidious in your approach to keeping our hotels running as efficiently as possible. You’ll have high standards when it comes to hotel maintenance and be meticulous about the health and safety of both staff and guests alike. You’ll take ownership and pride in your work and will support the team and Maintenance Manager in delivering an excellent service to our Guests & Staff
YOUR CORE PURPOSE WILL BE:
- General maintenance & repairs – under the guidance of the manager work to ensure all daily repairs are completed on time and ensuring guests needs are at the forefront of all repairs.
- Checks: With a good overall knowledge of the hotel and its facilities, you’ll conduct frequent checks and work with other departments to ensure that everything is kept up to our high standards.
- Varied Workload -Tasks might require knowledge of basic joinery, plumbing, electrical, painting and decorating, tiling, grouting and general DIY.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Passion: To be passionate about delivering great service and have a great understanding of Health and Safety.
- Experience: Previous experience & Qualified as a Plumber, Electrician, Painter and Decorator, within Hotel Environment.
- Teamwork: To be willing to learn new things and work as part of a wide hotel team
Ultimately, your insight, commitment and pride in your work will make you an integral part of the IHG Glasgow family.
Maintenance Assistant (just in case you need more persuading)
Not bragging but we are part of the IHG hotels and Resort family, FTSE 100 Company, market leader in delivering True Hospitality for Good around the world
- £24,960.00 per annum basic pay, Plus All Overtime Paid
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated) (Increases annually)
- Worldwide employee and friends & family hotel room rates
- Discounts on retail and various activities through our benefit portal
- Employee assistance programme 24/7
- Recognition programmes
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- Meals whilst on duty
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
Relive the golden age of travel at voco® Grand Central - Glasgow, an enduring monument to Victorian glamour in an unbeatable central location, attached to Glasgow Central Station, a city landmark since the 19th-century heyday of the railways.
High ceilings, chandeliers and wood panelling embody the elegance that makes our hotel special. Our magnificent, marble-clad Champagne Central bar open all day for sharing menus and afternoon tea, while Tempus Restaurant offers the best of Scottish cuisine. The Grand Ballroom is a charming spot for memorable celebrations, and 10 flexible meeting rooms take care of your business events.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Maintenance Assistant, then please click ‘apply’ now!
We’d love to hear from you!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.