Line Cook - InterContinental Mark Hopkins
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United States, California, San Francisco
Hotel: InterContinental - Mark Hopkins San Francisco (SFOHA)
Job number: R203902
Discover San Francisco's historic charm at our InterContinental® Mark Hopkins San Francisco hotel, where modern luxuries meet the Bay area's golden, glamorous era. Find breathtaking views at our Nob Hill hotel, featuring opulent rooms with unique artwork, modern amenities, and an easy stroll to the area's top attractions. Discover panoramic views of the City while enjoying signature cocktails at Top of the Mark sky lounge, or let our Concierge Desk curate your personalized, unforgettable stay.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts®, we own, operate and franchise more than 3000 hotels, offering close to half a million guest rooms in nearly 100 countries. By bringing your expertise and passion to any one of our brands, you will help us achieve our vision: to be the most preferred, admired, and successful hotel company the world over.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership of getting things done.
Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
As a Line Cook, you will prepare cold food items and assist in all kitchen activities to ensure that guests receive high quality food items in a timely manner.
Your day to day
- Prepare salads, sandwiches, cold food entrees and other prepared foods according to portion and quality standards specified in recipes; control food usage to minimize waste.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Catering, Banquets, Outlets, Maintenance, and Guest Services.
- May maintain supplies and equipment (trays, china, silver and condiments) for service at the station areas.
- Assist cooks and stewards during peak activity periods.
- Advise supervisor of low inventory items and problems related to equipment, food quality, portions, etc.
- Perform receiving and inventory duties as specified by supervisor; stocks supplies as requested.
- Maintain a clean kitchen by cleaning all work surfaces used in food preparation on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain a clean, neat and well-organized work area, including but not limited to reach-ins, walk-ins and counters. Report all unsafe or malfunctioning equipment to supervisor.
- May assist with other duties as needed.
What we need from you
Basic reading, writing and math skills and some prior food preparation experience preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Standing up and moving about the kitchen
- Communicating with other people
- Handling food, objects, products and utensils
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with the other cooks, wait staff or supervisors.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when preparing meals from a recipe, when assisting in the scheduling of the kitchen staff, or when monitoring inventory.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, percentages, quantities, and variances are used frequently.
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a uniform, great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual's, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams, and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.
Not Applicable for Colorado Applicants.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.