Location: United States, Texas, Houston
Hotel: InterContinental - Houston Medical Center (HOUIT)
Job number: R202937
Do you see yourself as a Line Cook in our Mediterranean Restarant, Safina? What's your passion? Whether you're into sports, shopping or just reading a good book, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
Revel in modern design paired with unrivaled hospitality in the heart of the Texas Medical Center at the InterContinental Houston - Medical Center. Adjacent to the world’s largest medical center, our hotel provides easy access to the city's top attractions with METRORail, which is within walking distance of the property. Discover Houston's fine dining, renowned international arts, and famous Museum District. Stay with Confidence in the world's first hotel with the IVP Air Filtration System.
For 75 years, the InterContinental® Brand has been writing the story of international travel and showing guests the InterContinental Life through personalized service, memorable, one of a kind experiences and global etiquette. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs; inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. If you'd like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury hotel brand.
Your day to day
Great restaurant memories come from many places. The sights, sounds, scents are as important as the food. As a Safina Line Cook, your passion for presentation and dedication to delivering flavour will complete each guest’s and colleagues experience. By taking pride in your workspace, keeping your standards high, and giving our menu the benefit of your expertise, you’ll create some most lasting memories.
- Prepare and cook orders for daily operations, including cold food and batch items such as sandwiches, salads, cold drinks and desserts;follow food preparation
- Advise supervisor of low inventory items; assists in receiving items and taking inventory as required.
- May assist by performing ware washers or other kitchen duties as needed, by way of greeting, seating and/or serving meals.
- Interact with colleagues and may occasionally interact with guests.
- Maintain sanitation and cleanliness standardsin the kitchen area that meet or exceed the state and local Health Board inspection and InterContinental requirements.
- Maintain a clean, neat and well-organized work area, including but not limited to reach-ins, walk-ins and counters. Reports all unsafe or malfunctioning equipment to supervisor quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Sales, Catering, Banquets, Outlets, Maintenance, and Guest Services.
- Ensure general cleanliness of workspace to include the kitchen and cafeteria.
- Ensure adequate supplies of cafeteria to serve hotel employees.
- Perform associated opening, closing and prep work duties
- Prepare transport prepared food from kitchen to cafeteria; set up all stations and replenish as needed
- May assist with other duties as assign
What we need from you
- Strong – sometimes you’ll need to lift, push and pull big objects up to 50lbs (23 kg). This can involve bending , kneeling, and stooping
- Literate – you’ll need a good grasp of reading, writing and basic maths.
- Flexible – night, weekend and holiday shifts are all part of the job.
- Compliant – as well as meeting local laws on food handling and serving alcohol, you’ll be above the minimum age required and fluent in the local language
- Articulate – a great communicator, you’ll be warm, welcoming and easy to talk to.
What we offer
In return we will give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. We offer FREE Parking and FREE meals per each shift you work. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/ Females/ Veterans/ Disabled.