Lifeguard at InterContinental® Ras Al Khaimah Mina Al Arab Resort & Spa
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United Arab Emirates, Ras al Khaymah, Ra's al Khaymah
Hotel: InterContinental - Ras Al Khaimah Mina Al Arab Resort and Spa (RKTHA)
Job number: EMEAA37015
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambiance where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. If you'd like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury hotel brand.
The InterContinental® Ras Al Khaimah Mina Al Arab Resort and Spa comprises 351 keys, a health club, a spa, and two pools. Covering an area of 43,770 sqm, the resort is a short drive from famous archaeological sites such as Dhayah Fort and Sheba’s Palace. Set on a headland surrounded by protected coastal wetlands with lush landscaping fronting a sweeping beach on one side and a manmade waterway on the other, the guest rooms, suites, and chalets offer panoramic water views.
Your day to day
As a Lifeguard, you will be responsible for the safety and well being of swimmers in the resort pools and beach. Some of your responsibilities are :
- Observing swimmers within the resort pools and dedicated sea swimming area during the operational hours, and ensure all swimmers abide to the facility rules and regulations
- Be competent at all times as a qualified lifeguard to perform rescues and first aid. These include, but not restricted to, CPR, AED, spinal management, first aid, pool and sea water rescues
- Maintain the cleanliness of pool and beach areas, including monitoring of water quality
- Be aware of daily weather, pool temperatures, tides and other external factors that may affect safekeeping of hotel assets and guests/employees alike
- Understands and strictly adheres to the Rules & Regulations established in the Hotel’s policy on Fire, Hygiene, and Health & Safety
- Ensures that all maintenance issues and hazards are reported and rectified immediately for the safety of guests
What we need from you
In order to be considered for this role, ideally, you'll have some or all of the following competencies and experience we're looking for:
- Must have a valid and active Pool and Beach Life Guard qualification recognized by UAE law
- Able to operate all rescue and emergency equipment, keep these well maintained and stored safely always
- Minimum one year lifeguard experience required, prior luxury hospitality experience desired
- Requires good English communication skills, both verbal and written
- A strong team player, enthusiastic and flexible
What we offer
In return, we offer competitive pay and benefits, and a chance to work with a great team of talented people. Most importantly, we'll give you the Room to be Yourself.So what's your passion? Please get in touch if this position matches your skills and interests and tell us how you could bring your individual competencies by clicking "Apply Online".
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.