Leisure/Recreation Attendant Intern at InterContinental Fujairah Resort
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United Arab Emirates, Fujayrah, Fujairah
Hotel: InterContinental - Fujairah Resort (FJRAE)
Job number: EMEAA20753
As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
The InterContinental Fujairah Resort is situated on the shoreline of the exquisite Al Aqah Beach, beneath the spectacular backdrop of the Hajjar Mountains. An exceptional destination where Arabian hospitality meets luxury. With 190 rooms, indoor & outdoor event space, restaurants & bar. With over 30 languages and countries represented by the staff, the hotel weaves together an international five-star resort presence.
What's your passion? Whether you're into knitting, kite flying or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU! We love people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who help us create great brands guests love. And we're looking for more people like this to join our dynamic & committed team at the InterContinental Fujairah Resort.
Your day to day
As a Leisure/Recreation Attendant Intern, you will be responsible for assisting the recreation team to provide guest services at the resort pools, outdoor playing areas, kids club, and beach, as well as cleaning recreational areas. Some of your daily tasks include:
- Provides excellent and warm service to guests at all times, ensure they are always comfortable and satisfied around the recreation facilities.
- Assist with resort activity program as required
- Be aware of daily weather, pool temperatures, tides, jellyfish, oil spill at the beach and other external factors that may affect the safekeeping of hotel assets and guests/employees alike.
- Understands and strictly adheres to the Rules & Regulations established in the Hotel’s policy on Fire, Hygiene, and Health & Safety.
- Ensures that all maintenance issues and hazards are reported and rectified immediately for the safety of guests.
What we need from you
Ideally, the candidate should be a graduate from Hospitality College, possess relevant experience, or previous internship in a guest-facing department in the Hotel Industry (5-star resort preferable). You should be a positive, sportive, and proactive individual with an outgoing, and approachable character and with a high aptitude for customer care.
What we offer
In return, we offer a chance to work with a great team of talented people. Most importantly, we'll give you the Room to Grow & to Be Yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch if this position matches your skills and interests and tell us how you could bring your individual competencies by clicking "Apply Online".
We are an equal opportunity employer.