Lead Tradeperson/ Engineer (Full-time) InterContinental Miami Downtown
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: United States, Florida, Miami
Hotel: Miami (MIAHA), 100 Chopin Plaza, 33131
Job number: R202911
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
- Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
- Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership of getting things done.
- Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
A Shining Star Among Downtown Miami Hotels, the InterContinental Miami features the city's premier accommodations, convention, and meeting facilities. Overlooking sparkling Biscayne Bay, we provide a secure, inviting environment in a well-established area of the city. Priding ourselves on being ONE GREAT TEAM, and seven times TOP WORKPLACES of South Florida by the Sun Sentinel.
Your day to day:
As the Lead Tradeperson/ Engineer, you will be responsible to perform major repairs and maintenance work to ensure hotel maintenance quality and safety standards are achieved and maintained. Serve as lead on various maintenance projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform maintenance and repairs for assigned area of expertise such as the interior and exterior of buildings, hotel rooms and contents, laundry and kitchen/refrigeration equipment, lighting, heating, air conditioning (HVAC), ventilation, and water treatment systems, and swimming pool-if applicable, etc.
- Ensure that assigned equipment is prepared and operational for the following day’s work.
- Adhere to federal, state and local regulations concerning safety or other compliance requirements, as well as brand standards and local policy and procedures to ensure quality, safety, and consistency. Report all unsafe conditions or malfunctioning equipment to supervisor. May educate and train hotel staff in the safe and proper use of equipment.
- Follow procedures that ensure the security of inventory and assets such as tools, supplies, equipment, furniture, televisions, etc., replenishes supplies and inventory in a timely and efficient manner, and minimizes waste.
- Respond in a courteous and prompt manner to all guest questions, complaints and/or requests to ensure strong guest satisfaction.
- May also perform other minor maintenance and repairs and/or conduct preventative maintenance duties as needed.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
What we need from you:
Advanced vocational training plus two years of experience in general building maintenance or construction, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Professional certification and license if required by law.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying, lifting, pushing and/or pulling items weighing up to 100-300 pounds
- Frequently standing up and moving about the facility
- Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility
- Frequently bending, stooping, kneeling, climbing and crawling
- Specialized knowledge and skills or certification within a field or discipline such as plumbing, electrician, carpentry, equipment mechanics, HVAC, refrigeration, etc.
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with the other supervisors, hotel staff and hotel guests.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized in order to document or record all tasks completed, to order supplies, to receive their instructions for the day and/or to read equipment repair manuals.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, percentages, quantities, and variances are used frequently.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer:
In return we will give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/ Females/ Veterans/ Disabled
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.