Laundry Valet Presser (Full-Time) l InterContinental Miami Downtown
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United States, Florida, Miami
Hotel: InterContinental - Miami (MIAHA)
Job number: R201479
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
A Shining Star Among Downtown Miami Hotels, the InterContinental Miami features the city's premier accommodations, convention, and meeting facilities. Overlooking sparkling Biscayne Bay, we provide a secure, inviting environment in a well-established area of the city. Priding ourselves on being ONE GREAT TEAM, sixth year in a row honored one of the TOP WORKPLACES of South Florida by the Sun Sentinel.
Your day to day
As a Valet Presser– you’ll complete pressing duties and pick-up and deliver guests’ laundry and dry cleaning in a timely manner.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete all procedures relating to the pick-up and delivery of guest laundry and valet, which may include, guest interaction, recording of special requests, and spot-checking of laundry.
- Complete the administrative duties relating to guest valet received and prepare for dispatch.
- Conduct quality control on guest items – ensure all pieces have been returned and tags have been removed.
- Complete duties relating to the cleaning & pressing and/or dry cleaning of guest laundry. (This includes quality control, laundering, and pressing items. If outsourced, verify with Laundry Contractor if guest orders are picked up and received). Each party to initial Guest Valet log.
- Sort food & beverage linen and record number of pieces of each item or weigh and record bins.
- Sort and record discarded linen into categories.
- Complete the cleaning duties relating to the maintenance and organization of the Laundry Room (this includes dusting overhead pipes, sweeping, mopping, and other related duties).
- Reports damages and loss of linen to the Manager.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Assist with other duties which may include duties of the Linen Attendant during his/her absence, or inventory duties.
What we need from you
Basic reading, writing, and math skills. Some laundry experience and ability to speak English preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 75 pounds and pushing and or pulling approximately 400 pounds
- Frequently standing up and moving about the work area
- Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility
- Frequently bending, stooping, and kneeling
- Frequently working in areas of high temperatures around heavy equipment
- Communication skills are utilized a when interacting other employees and supervisor.
- Reading and writing abilities and basic math skills are utilized when determining amounts of chemicals to treat laundry and stains and logging appropriate poundage.
What we offer
In return we will give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/ Females/ Veterans/ Disabled.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.