Laundry Attendant- IHG Army Hotels- Holiday Inn Express-Fort Knox, Ky
Hotel Brand: IHG Army Hotels
Location: United States, Kentucky, Fort Knox
Hotel: IHG Army Hotels - Newgarden Inn (MFKXA)
Job number: R193678
At Intercontinental Hotels Group, we own, operate and franchise more than 3500 hotels, offering close to half a million guest rooms in nearly 100 countries. By bringing your expertise and passion to any one of our brands, you will help us achieve our vision: to be the most preferred, admired and successful hotel company all over the world.
Your day to day
- This position has overall responsibility for cleaning and storing linens/uniforms in a timely, organized manner to ensure that hotel's laundry and linen needs are met.
- Operate washers and dryers according to recommended capacity and other manufacturers' guidelines and fold clean linens and store as appropriate.
- Operate linen feeder, sheet folder, towel folder and table linen ironer machines.
- Report to supervisor needed repairs or unsafe conditions while you monitor and control supplies and minimize waste within laundry facility.
- Sort and record discarded linen into categories and report damages or loss of linen to supervisor.
- This position has overall responsibility for assisting room attendants on assigned floors.
- Assist room attendants with heavy items such as mattresses and linens and deliver linens and other supplies to room attendants while maintaining cleanliness and organization of floor closets and vending areas.
- This important role responds to guests' requests such as delivery of housekeeping supplies in a timely and efficient manner.
- Monitor and control supplies and amenities and minimize waste within all areas of housekeeping.
- May assist with other duties as assigned.
What we need from you
Basic reading, writing, and math skills. Some laundry experience and ability to speak English preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 75 pounds and pushing and or pulling approximately 400 pounds
- Frequently standing up and moving about the work area
- Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility
- Frequently bending, stooping, and kneeling
- Frequently working in areas of high temperatures around heavy equipment
- Communication skills are utilized a when interacting other employees and supervisor.
- Reading and writing abilities and basic math skills are utilized when determining amounts of chemicals to treat laundry and stains and logging appropriate poundage.
- Required to weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself. So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Hourly Rate: $13.04
Benefits: 401 (K), Vision, Dental and Health Benefits, Personal and Vacation