Hotel Brand: IHG Army Hotels
Location: United States, Georgia, Fort Gordon
Hotel: IHG Army Hotels - Fort Gordon (MFGRA)
Job number: R188097
Do you see yourself as a Laundry Attendant?
What's your passion? Whether you're into reading, rowing a boat or trying a new recipe, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
IHG Army Hotels is looking for a Laundry Attendant at our Fort Gordon, GA location. At IHG Army Hotels, our mission is to provide great on-post hotel stay experiences to military personnel, families, as well as guests. We do this by providing convenient, reasonably priced hotels on 40 installations across the nation- many featuring brand-name hotels previously only offered off post.
This position has overall responsibility for cleaning and storing linens in a timely, organized manner to ensure that hotel’s laundry and linen needs are met.
Your day to day
Key job duties and responsibilities for the Laundry Attendant include:
- Receive soiled lines by bag, cart or chute from the floors. Sort all articles by kind, color and degree of soil. Inspect all laundry and linens and records all damaged or stained items.
- Operate washers and dryers according to recommended capacity and other manufacturers’ guidelines. Ensure necessary chemicals are added in the correct quantities prior to wash cycles.
- Fold clean linens and store as appropriate. Operate linen feeder, sheet folder, towel folder and table linen ironer machines.
- Report to supervisor needed repairs or unsafe conditions.
- Monitor and control supplies, and minimize waste within laundry facility.
- Sort and record discarded linen into categories. Report damages or loss of linen to supervisor.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- May assist with other duties as assigned.
What we need from you
We need you to bring your passion to deliver True Hospitality to our guests and fellow team members. Your dedication, bright smile, and positive outlook are a must. Be part of a great team and help us fulfill our mission of creating Great Hotels Guests Love!
Basic reading, writing, and math skills. Some laundry experience and ability to speak English preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 75 pounds and pushing and or pulling approximately 400 pounds
- Frequently standing up and moving about the work area
- Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility
- Frequently bending, stooping, and kneeling
- Frequently working in areas of high temperatures around heavy equipment
- Communication skills are utilized a when interacting other employees and supervisor.
- Reading and writing abilities and basic math skills are utilized when determining amounts of chemicals to treat laundry and stains and logging appropriate poundage.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
This position also requires you to be authorized to work in the United States and the ability to pass an NCIC III background check in order to gain access to the military installation.
What we offer
We will give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself. So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG. IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.