Hotel Brand: EVEN Hotels
Location: United States, Georgia, Alpharetta
Hotel: Alpharetta - Avalon Area (ATLEV), 2715 Old Milton Parkway, 30009
Job number: 103824
We take laundry seriously. So, we’re searching for a Laundry Attendant with an exceptional eye for detail and a passion for perfection to make sure every single linen and guest item is washed, dried, and folded to meet our exceptional standards.
A little taste of your day-to-day:
Every day is different, but you’ll mostly be:
● Sorting laundry by colour, material, and level of soiling
● Inspecting all laundry and linen for damage or stains – keeping a record of any items that don’t make the grade
● Operating washers and dryers to their recommended capacity and manufacturer guidelines
● Adding the correct chemicals in the right quantities for each wash cycle
● Folding and storing clean linen – operating the linen feeder, sheet folder, towel folder and table linen ironing machines
What We need from you:
● It’s a physical role and you’ll be on your feet most of the day, so fitness is important
● Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 75 pounds and pushing and/or pulling approximately 400 pounds
● You may need to bend, stoop, and kneel to complete some activities
● Frequently working in areas of high temperatures around heavy equipment
● Reading and writing abilities and basic math skills are utilized when determining amounts of chemicals to treat laundry and stains and logging appropriate poundage.
● Outstanding organizational and time management skills
What you can expect from us:
We give our people everything they need to succeed. From a competitive salary that rewards all your hard work to a wide range of benefits designed to help you live your best work life – including a full uniform, impressive room discounts and some of the best training in the business.
Our mission is to welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
IHG gives every member of the team the room they need to belong, grow and make a difference in a collaborative environment. We know that to work well, we need to feel well – both inside and outside of work – and through our myWellbeing
framework, we are committed to supporting wellbeing in your health, lifestyle, and workplace.
So, join us and you’ll become part of our ever-growing global family.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.