Hotel Brand: Crowne Plaza
Location: United Arab Emirates, Dubai, Dubai
Hotel: Crowne Plaza - Dubai Marina (DXBMR)
Job number: EMEAA23650
What's your passion? Whether you're into dancing, diving, or dominoes at IHG we're interested in YOU. We love people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who help us create great hotels guests love. The Crowne Plaza Dubai Marina is the perfect location that completely understands Modern business travelers. Located in the cosmopolitan Dubai Marina area, the 3,037 square-meter hotel is next to Dubai Marina Mall and within walking distance of the picturesque pedestrian promenade, which borders the waterway lined with vibrant cafes and restaurants. With 273 stylish rooms and a convenient, prestigious location, you will find Crowne Plaza Dubai Marina an ideal hotel for productive business and enjoyable leisure time; and will definitely enjoy a new hotel that has mastered the balance between modernism of the business world and traditions of the Arabian hospitality.
Your day to day
We are currently recruiting for a full time Laundry Assistant to join our enthusiastic team at Crowne Plaza Dubai Marina.
As a Laundry Assistant, you are responsible for providing a constant supply of clean linens for the entire hotel and for cleaning guests’ personal items while adhering to Hotel policies and procedures and your role will include key responsibilities such as:
• Responsible for picking up and delivery of in-house guest laundry.
• Responsible to collect and deliver outside guest laundry / dry cleaning.
• Responsible for delivering all guest items punctually, accurately and in a professional and courteous way
• Collect laundry and dry-cleaning bags from guest rooms and ensure that guest name, room number and laundry pieces are listed.
• Count and verify all items collected as per laundry price lists/laundry sheet signed by the guest and note down any discrepancy or damages on the same sheet
• Maintaining all laundry equipment and inform facilities manager as to any maintenance needs
• Perform additional laundry services when necessary
What we need from you
Ideally, you'll have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in the similar role in a four or five-star hotel or comparable industry, ability to demonstrate working with and engaging teams from different cultures, strong verbal and written communication skills along with being quality oriented with focus on details, high performance standards, able to multi-task & meet deadlines and technical proficiency in related software preferable.
What we offer
At IHG we are committed to developing our team and managing our talent and would encourage internal as well as external candidates to apply for any of our vacancies. We passionately believe that it’s our people who have brought us to where we are today and our people that will help us grow. We celebrate diversity every day. We welcome guests from every background and corner of the world, so we want individuals who can bring true hospitality to life for everyone. We will give you every opportunity to grow vertically, functionally, geographically, and personally. As part of the IHG family with more than 5,300 hotels in over 100 countries, the world is your oyster.