Kitchen Steward | Crowne Plaza Auckland
Hotel Brand: Crowne Plaza
Location: New Zealand, Auckland, Auckland
Hotel: Crowne Plaza - Auckland (AKLNZ)
Job number: EMEAA19723
At Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts our goal is to make business travel work. That's where you come in. When you're part of the Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts brand you're more than just a job title.
At Crowne Plaza we look for people who are keen to be on a journey with us as we continue to operate as a Government Managed Isolation Facility. Come and join us as a Kitchen Steward!
Your day to day
Join us as a Kitchen Steward at Crowne Plaza Auckland where every day is a busy day as we cater over 1,200 meals daily from the Kitchen!
As a member of our Stewarding team, you’ll be responsible for ensuring the cleanliness and hygiene of the kitchens, in addition to a maintaining a constant supply of equipment and clean utensils for our food and beverage outlets.
You’ll also undertake general kitchen duties such as collecting all rubbish, maintaining the cleanliness of bins and the rubbish room and undertaking other additional cleaning tasks and schedules. This role will require you to carry, lift and push items such as plates, trolleys, garbage bins as well as handling food products, utensils, chemicals and cleaning detergents.
What we need from you
- Experience in a similar role is ideal but not required
- A good attitude and demonstrate IHG True Hospitality
- This is a physical role - so you must be able to lift heavy trays and rubbish
- Ability to work autonomously
- You need to be flexible with shifts. We operate 24/7 and need employees that can work a range of shifts
- Be okay with working as part of a Government Managed Isolation Facility and getting fortnightly COVID tests as a requirement.
What we offer
Well, where do we start?!
- An opportunity to kick start your career adventure with a company that can take you around the world!
- Free meals whilst on shift - this is a goodie!
- Complimentary parking in the heart of the city as we operate as a Managed Isolation Facility;
- A uniform provided and cleaned for you
Want to find out more about our career adventures? Follow us on Instagram...
Please note that due to boarder restrictions, we will only consider candidates who currently live and work in New Zealand. You must also have valid work rights in the country.