Kitchen Steward (PART-TIME) | Crowne Plaza Darling Harbour
Hotel Brand: Crowne Plaza
Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Job number: EMEAA22245
Opened on 1 October and located on the corner of Sussex and Bathurst Streets, the newly built Crowne Plaza Sydney Darling Harbour is 152 modern guest rooms and suites vertically suspended in a prime position. Just a 5-minute stroll to the CBD’s commercial and transport hub, the lively Darling Harbour precinct and the International Convention Centre. Access is easy and fast from Town Hall Train Station — only a short 3-minute walk from the hotel. Guests will unwind in design-led, modern and spacious rooms with the latest technology at their fingertips.
With 3 restaurants and bars throughout the hotel, breakfast, lunch, after-work drinks and dinner are all taken care of. Our sleek contemporary spaces are perfect for meetings, private dinners, cocktail receptions or special events, allowing guests to transition effortlessly from 9-to-5, to 5-to-9. And then there’s the spectacular views from our roof-top where guests can make a splash in our Instagram-worthy floating infinity pool.
Your day to day
A day in the life of a kitchen steward may include;
- Responsible for the cleanliness and hygiene of all food and beverage outlets within the Hotel and the carrying out of set food handling duties as required
- Maintain a clean and sanitised kitchen. This includes the cleaning and sanitation of the kitchen, equipment, floors and any kitchen related areas
- Ensure a constant and sufficient supply of equipment and clean utensils to all outlets at all times
- Maintain clean storage and garbage areas and ensure equipment is stored and cleaned in accordance with policies and procedures
- Store all china ware, hollow ware, glass ware as per policies and procedures, keeping areas clean and organised Safely dispose of broken equipment and glass in accordance with policies and procedures
What we need from you
The ideal candidate will have;
- Previous experience working in a similar role in hospitality is preferred
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Flexibility – night, weekend and holiday shifts are all part of the job
- Fitness – you will be on your feet most of the day with lots of bending and moving around
- Strength – you will need to lift, push and pull big objects like boxes and parcels up to 50lbs (23 kg)
- Positive attitude, ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritise workload
- Look smart – wear your uniform with pride and adhere to personal grooming and hygiene standards
What we offer
We'll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a uniform, great room discounts and superb training. Join us and you'll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.