Kitchen Porter (Full-Time)
Hotel Brand: voco
Location: United Kingdom, Glasgow
Hotel: Grand Central Glasgow (GLAGS), 99 Gordon Street, G1 3SF
Job number: 105880
voco Grand Central are looking for a Kitchen Porter to join our growing Kitchen team...
Salary £10.00 per hour, Plus Service Charge. We are hiring for a Full-Time Kitchen Porter who can work 40 hours over 5 shifts per week.
As a Kitchen Porter you will be responsible for maintaining all back of house areas. This includes the cleaning and taking care of the operating equipment in the Kitchen, and to maintain the pantry within our food and beverage outlets. You will ensure that Health and Safety standards are being followed at all times.
The successful candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- Current experience within a hotel or similar environment
- Effective organisational skills; able to prioritise tasks and self-manage a workload
- Excellent personal presentation with a warm and welcoming personality.
- Friendly, approachable and professional
- Have a strong eye for detail
What’s in for you as a Kitchen Porter (just in case you need more persuading)...
- £10.00 per hour.
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated) (Increases annually)
- Worldwide employee and friends & family hotel room rates
- Discounts on retail and various activities through our benefit portal
- Employee assistance programme 24/7
- Recognition programmes
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- Meals whilst on duty
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
The Hotel / Bar:
Relive the golden age of travel at voco® Grand Central - Glasgow, an enduring monument to Victorian glamour in an unbeatable central location, attached to Glasgow Central Station, a city landmark since the 19th-century heyday of the railways.
High ceilings, chandeliers and wood panelling embody the elegance that makes our hotel special. Our magnificent, marble-clad Champagne Central bar open all day for sharing menus and afternoon tea, while Tempus Restaurant offers the best of Scottish cuisine. The Grand Ballroom is a charming spot for memorable celebrations, and 10 flexible meeting rooms take care of your business events.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Kitchen Porter, then please click ‘apply’ now!
We’d love to hear from you!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.