Hotel Brand: voco
Location: United Kingdom, Cardiff
Hotel: St. David's Cardiff (CWLCD), Havannah Street, CF10 5SD
Job number: 116865
voco St David's Cardiff have a fantastic opportunity for a Kitchen Porter to join our Kitchen Team!
You will earn £11.00 per hour – equal to £22,880.00 salary plus Service Charge!
Our Kitchen Porters are:
As a Kitchen Porter, you enjoy variety and are at your best when being part of a team as well as being passionate about delivering first-rate guest service through your high-quality work
- Passionate about delivering great service
- Have previous experience as a Kitchen Porter, or Prep Chef is preferable
- Experienced with working in a busy kitchen environment & being able to work with deadlines.
- Are willing to learn new things and work as part of a wide hotel team
At voco® everyone’s a host, if there’s one thing we know, it’s that a great host is at the heart of every great stay as we understand what our guest wants by delivering easy-going but attentive service.
What’s in it for you as our Kitchen Porter:
- Becoming part of the IHG Hotels & Resorts family, one of the world’s leading hotel companies - which means global opportunities.
- No zero-hour contracts! Our contracts come with GUARRANTEED hours
- Part and full-time roles available
- We are open 7 days a week 365 days a year and need people to work a range of shifts and days - this means we can offer great flexibility if required
- Taxi subsidy for shifts starting/ending between 23:00-06:00
- Subsidised childcare support
- Meals whilst on duty
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- We provide every employee company sick pay and life insurance
- Amazing discounts for our hotels and restaurants around the world
- Discounts from over 15,000 stores – all the way from retail to cinema
- Meals whilst on duty
- Don’t forget, bring your friends and take part in our generous ‘Refer a Friend’ programme!
If you think you can be our next Kitchen Porter, then please apply now!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.
About voco St David's Cardiff
Set on Cardiff Bay's waterfront, voco® St David's Cardiff makes a bold statement, with its glass-fronted façade, private balconies, floor-to-ceiling windows, and coastal setting. The Tir a Môr at voco® St David’s Cardiff is our eclectic restaurant and bar. Our bold flavours draw inspiration from world food cultures and blend perfectly with the best seasonal produce Wales has to offer. The Spa, located in the hotel, offers just the place to unwind and has been voted one of the best spas in the UK. voco St David's Cardiff is a wonderful setting for meetings, conferences, weddings and celebrations alike.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We firmly believe that all our colleagues deserve to be treated equally and have the same opportunities to develop and grow their skills within our business and provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and colleagues without regard to an individual's, race, colour, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.