Key Account Manager
Location: China, Beijing, Beijing
Hotel: Corp Beijing, Room 101, 9th Floor, Building 2, No. A-2 Jiangtai Road, Chaoyang District, 100096
Job number: 100168
Manage sales activity focused on the assigned client or list of clients within the designated segment. Focus sales effort on designated accounts and also develop new accounts to meet brand, hotel, and management Company contribution goals. Act as primary point of contact for the relevant accounts to brand management and management companies, and as the acknowledged expert on customer issues
- Responsible for developing revenue, achieving sales goals and performance optimization of key accounts and customers share of spend targets within their market segment and/or portfolio.
- Introduce and promote major programs and promotions as directed to client base. Manage RFP (request for purchase) process and implement preferred agreements with target accounts.
- Responsible for cost center budget management as it relates to her accounts within the segment.
- Collaborate sales efforts cross-regionally, across departments and/or across market segments as required to coordinate actions against defined accounts
- Design, produce and maintain appropriate sales reports for internal stakeholders and external key accounts.
- Work is performed in a normal office environment
Key Skills & Experiences
Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Marketing, Management, Business, or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience preferred.
6-8 years progressive work-related experience in the service industry with at least 4 years in multi-unit or corporate roles in a hotel setting, as well as demonstrated understanding of technical and business knowledge and understanding of multiple disciplines/processes related to the position.
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrated sales management experience in organizing, planning and executing sales segment plans from conception through implementation.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing information to clients, vendors, senior management and staff. Must be able to work effectively at executive level in client companies, possess strong relationship management skills, and well-developed negotiating and persuading abilities.
- Experience with franchise organization preferred. International experience may be required depending on market segment.
- Utilize planning tools such as Plan It and Business Objects and to evaluate and plan individual client brand share growth for IHG.
- Demonstrated knowledge of hotel industry and hotel sales & marketing, business planning, etc., along with strong sales ability, sales management, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of competitors’ sales strategies, positions and initiatives.
- Demonstrated computer skills using sales-related software in a hotel setting.
- Demonstrated understanding of the RFP process for transient accounts.
- Demonstrated knowledge of electronic distribution –both GDS & Internet, hotel operations, central reservations, global sales operations, and CRO/GDS rate loading.
- This role may be office or virtual based with the development and maintenance of accounts being handled primarily via telephone based communication. It is expected that 70% of an individual’s time will be spent on phone based activity with 5% travel required.
- When traveling this position will be expected to be completely proficient at working from hotels, airports/airplanes, remote offices and/or locations.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.