CORPORATE SUMMER INTERNSHIPS (ATLANTA, USA)
We're looking for emerging leaders. If you've got ambition, ideas and want to work somewhere that appreciates you for who you are, apply for IHG's Summer Internship Program based in our Americas headquarters in Atlanta.
While you work on projects that will shape the future of hospitality, you'll experience a structured Learning and Development curriculum designed especially to help you gain an insider's view of hospitality operations, sales, strategy, finance, technology and other areas. Everything you learn will prepare you for career success.
10-week Summer Internship
All majors encouraged
Enhance your professional skills
Interact with senior leaders across the business
Each intern will be paired with an IHG HYPE member (an Employee Resource Group) and they will serve as the intern’s mentor for the summer.
Hotel Lifecycle and Enablement
You will provide support and gain exposure to the following:
•Opportunity to develop and utilize analytical tools to work with data and extract critical components. Then summarize and prepare the data for use in presentations to senior leadership
•Opportunity to develop & deliver broad project management
•Understanding of the hotel lifecycle from license execution, ground break, opening, renovation and removal
•Exposure to teams responsible for the key functions listed above and how they interact with franchisees & hotels
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
•Introduction to Salesforce and database capabilities
Note: The summer intern cohort will participate in several social engagements within the cohort and with ERGs, ATL community volunteerism, EC/ Senior Leader Speaker Series and internal IHG network events.
What We Need From You
- Professionalism in oral and written presentation, communication, and attire
- Demonstrated emotional intelligence for relationship building and effective team collaboration and stakeholder engagement
- Proficiency in a variety of software packages (i.e. Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, e-mail, etc.)
- Effective oral and written communication skills to convey information to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to analyze and draw conclusions from complex financial, statistical and market/sales data. Proficiency in paying attention to details
- Demonstrated ability to analyze basic database information for the purpose of accurately tracking, maintaining, or reporting data
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments and projects accurately and with attention to detail, along with proactive follow-through
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills for navigating a large-scale organization and resolving issues in a timely and effective manner
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision across a global organization and in a hybrid or virtual work environment
What We Offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams, and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.
Not Applicable for Colorado Applicants.