Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
IHG Hotels & Resorts ® is one of the world’s leading hotel companies, with 400,000 colleagues working across more than 100 countries to deliver True Hospitality for Good. When you join us at IHG, you become part of our global family - a welcoming culture of warmth, honesty, and inclusion. We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contributions you make, and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests, owners, colleagues, and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences in your own way.
IHG Procurement exists to empower owners to make better decisions, so everything purchased for a hotel is the best it can be. After all, hotel owners have better things to do than worry about every point on a supply chain that brings each new item to every single part of their hotel.
That’s our job. We’re here to take care of everything transparently, efficiently, and economically. And we do it collaboratively, with suppliers who strive to not just do no harm, but to do good. We do this by offering the knowledge, tools, and flexibility that stakeholders need. We get it right by sticking to our set of principles
. By understanding how we operate, together we’ll make life easier and achieve something special.
IHG Procurement Internship opportunities in the following functions:
• Procurement - Supply Chain
• Value Engineering
Who We Look For
We’re looking for emerging leaders that have ambitious personal and professional goals, a willingness to gain and share experiences, and a commitment to celebrating diversity in the workplace. In return, we will provide an unforgettable experience designed specifically to help you gain an insider’s view of the hospitality industry as well as applicable skills and a global lens of a career path in Procurement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Please note: No attempt is made to represent all the various tasks for each internship. Although interns may not perform all duties, those listed below reflect the nature, level, and difficulty of responsibilities common to positions in this job.
- Complete and/or coordinate activities related to assigned special projects, including project timelines, action items, and status updates
- Timely execution to meet established deadlines
- Low- to medium-complexity qualitative and quantitative data research and analysis
- Preparation of reports and/or presentations, utilizing Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and/or statistical software as needed
- Serve as internal and/or external liaison for departmental activities
- Maintain a consistent, high quality customer-focused orientation, including providing clear, accurate information; explaining procedures or materials or providing supplemental information; anticipating problems or questions; or referring customers to appropriate contacts within the unit, department or division
- Compose and prepare clear and concise correspondence as requested or required
- Perform tasks as assigned to facilitate the smooth operation of the assigned work area
What we need from you
Undergraduate student currently enrolled in an accredited school program entering their junior or senior academic year.
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Professionalism in oral and written presentation, communication, and attire
- Demonstrated emotional intelligence for relationship building and effective team collaboration and stakeholder engagement
- Proficiency in a variety of software packages (i.e. Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, e-mail, etc.)
- Effective oral and written communication skills to convey information to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to analyze and draw conclusions from complex financial, statistical and market/sales data. Proficiency in paying attention to details
- Demonstrated ability to analyze basic database information for the purpose of accurately tracking, maintaining, or reporting data
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments and projects accurately and with attention to detail, along with proactive follow-through
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills for navigating a large-scale organization and resolving issues in a timely and effective manner
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision across a global organization and in a hybrid or virtual work environment
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a competitive hourly wage and meaningful benefits for the summer – including great hotel discounts and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here
to find out more about us.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and all genders encouraged to apply.