Instant Service Centre Ambassador (Telephone Operator) - Front Office - InterContinental Hotels Group® Dubai Festival City
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United Arab Emirates, Dubai, Dubai
Hotel: InterContinental - Dubai - Festival City (DXBHB)
Job number: EMEAA22039
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand.
Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience.
If you'd like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury hotel brand.
The InterContinental Hotels Group® properties in Dubai Festival City consist of four hotel brands. These include the luxury brand InterContinental, the superior upscale Crowne Plaza, the lavish long-stay InterContinental Residence Suites and the vibrant mid-scale Holiday Inn. In addition to over 1000+ bedrooms, the four properties boast a selection of high quality restaurants and bars, an impressive 3,800 square meter Event Centre across two levels, the 5,000 square meters Festival Arena by InterContinental, the luxurious Spa InterContinental, state-of-the-art gymnasium and swimming pool facilities. We are looking for people who are friendly, welcoming and full of life to people to join over 900 colleagues who are always finding ways to make every guests experience an enjoyable one. We value the passion and enthusiasm of our colleagues, and encourage you to share your passion when you work with us.
Your day to day
The primary responsibility of this role is to deliver “Great Hotels Guests Love” and create the right environment in which our colleagues can experience our Winning Ways and IHG Commitment. Under the direction of the Instant Service Centre Supervisor / Assistant Manager, the Instant Service Centre Facilitator is responsible for connecting telephone calls accurately and for the efficient and smooth flow of calls to every department. Provides highest level of telecommunications service to both internal and external callers.
- Provide prompt, courteous and efficient service to all guests to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction through personalized service as per Brand Standards.
- Demonstrate a complete understanding of the hotel policies, procedures, service standards, have full knowledge of the hotel facilities, happenings, local conditions and current events.
- Rotate in 3 shifts (morning / afternoon / night).
- Handle incoming calls for IC, CP and ICRS properties.
- Work closely with your team members, Supervisors, Managers and also colleagues of other department in a friendly manner assuring mutual respect and encourage each other to create Great Hotels Guests Love.
- Maintain the privacy of all guests by ensuring that no details are disclosed.
- Take ownership of guest requests and notify them of any delays in performing work orders in accepted standard time and call them back to ensure their satisfaction.
- Take ownership of solving guest problems and pass it to the Manager on Duty if necessary and record the guest complaints.
- Handle wakeup calls of IC, CP and ICRS properties.
- Cover Business Centre Operations when required.
- Complete additional tasks assigned by your Service Leader, Supervisor or Manager Promptly.
What we need from you
Ideally, you'll have some or all of the following competencies and experience we're looking for:
- Minimum two years’ experience in the same role in a 5 star hotel, Call centre or any customer service related job.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills and knowledge of an additional language is an advantage.
- Previous experience in Opera system is an advantage.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Able to manage multiple tasks.
- Eager to learn, stay motivated & progress.
- Enthusiastic, courteous & helpful to colleagues & customers.
- Customer service orientated.
- Outgoing, friendly, warm personality.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with competitive salary and benefits.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
So go on - show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests.