Instant Service Center Attendant (Full-time) | InterContinental Miami Downtown
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United States, Florida, Miami
Hotel: InterContinental - Miami (MIAHA)
Job number: R190483
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
A Shining Star Among Downtown Miami Hotels, the InterContinental Miami features the city's premier accommodations, convention, and meeting facilities. Overlooking sparkling Biscayne Bay, we provide a secure, inviting environment in a well-established area of the city. Priding ourselves on being ONE GREAT TEAM, sixth year in a row honored one of the TOP WORKPLACES of South Florida by the Sun Sentinel.
Your day to day
As the Instant Service Center Attendant, you will answer calls from in-house guest in a timely and professional manner; provide prompt, courteous and efficient handling of all requests for guest room reservations, changes, and cancellations in accordance with established standards and/or scripts. Respond to and provide information on hotel services, local attractions, travel directions, etc.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer phone calls within prescribed time frame, respond to guest’s request in a professional manner and according to established scripts and standards, and dispatch services/resolution in accordance with established procedures. Ensure calls are logged and follow up with guests to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- Book guest reservations for individuals and/or groups that are requested either by phone or from within the hotel in accordance with established standards and scripts using the hotel’s reservations system; process reservations from the sales, reservations centers or travel agencies/wholesalers. Designate and apply appropriate travel agency commissions.
- Provide guests with information on hotel facilities and services, local directions, and emergency, safety, and security procedures, etc.
- Communicate any outstanding guest requests or issues to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up.
- Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments. Be aware and prepare for all in-house group meetings and VIP arrivals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What we need from you
Basic reading and writing plus six months experience as a phone/switchboard operator. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred. Relevant experience preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Speak, listen, and use a keyboard to type or route messages, usually done while sitting down.
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and employees.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing departmental records/logs and taking messages for guests or hotel staff.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
In return we will give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/ Females/ Veterans/ Disabled