Instant Service Agent (Full-time & Part-time) | InterContinental Sydney
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Hotel: InterContinental - Sydney (SYDHA)
Job number: EMEAA33200
Welcome to the height of luxury, where heritage wonder and contemporary flair collide. Centrally positioned in the heart of Circular Quay, InterContinental Sydney extends breathtaking panoramic views of the Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge.
Set within the beautifully restored Treasury Building of 1851, InterContinental Sydney is renowned as one of the city’s prized icons. With 509 guest rooms including 28 luxury suites, an award-winning and world class Club InterContinental lounge and vibrant dining venues, a complete five-star experience awaits.
We invite you to join us at this incredibly exciting time for our Hotel, as part of our Front Office team as an Instant Service Agent (Full-time & Part-time opportunities available).
Our Instant Service department is central to our Hotel as the first point of contact for all internal and external calls. As part of the Instant Service team you are the "voice of the hotel" covering this service 7 days a week, predominately 7.00am to 11.00pm.
Your day to day
As part of the Front Office and Reservations team, no two days in Instant Service are ever the same.
Guest pre-arrival experience is a fundamental of what we do, so you will work closely with reservations to ensure a seamless luxury experience for our guests; or you could be sharing your expert knowledge of the local area and where to find the best dumplings in the city; managing guest registrations and assisting Front Office with checking in & out and reviewing guest all billing.
This is a busy and varied role with connection to all departments across the Hotel. Your presentation, local knowledge and ability to take ownership and resolve any issue or request which will be the key to creating a seamless, luxury experience for our guests.
If that sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
What we need from you
- 1+years’ experience similar role within customer service or hotels or call centre- knowledge of Hotel operations is an advantage but not essential
- Passionate about delivering warm and welcoming customer service & memorable guest experiences
- Amazing communication skills both on the phone & in person- you are a people’s person and this shines through
- Excellent attention to detail & commitment to high standards - we are a Luxury hotel experience
- You must meet the legal requirements to live & work in Australia
What we offer
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a range of benefits that support you throughout your IHG career journey
- Paid birthday leave
- Free Meal on shift
- Enhanced parental leave program
- Proactive paid wellness and mental health days
- Free meals on shift
- Some of the best colleague discounts across our IHG Hotels for accommodation, food and beverage
- A massive colleague discounts platform for all your favorite brands and retailers
- Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development programs, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG.
We are proud to be InterContinental Sydney and proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.
Visit http://careers.ihg.com/ to find out more about us.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.