IT Manager - Kimpton Aysla Mallorca
Location: Spain, Islas Baleares, Mallorca
Hotel: Kimpton - Mallorca (PMIMS)
Job number: EMEAA34191
Kimpton Aysla Mallorca is a sanctuary of calm and well-being, nestled among the lush foliage of sunny southern Mallorca. A progressive take on country-club life, where active leisure meets utter relaxation, and touches of tradition blend with modern values. This is modern lifestyle lux – Mallorca style.
Why We're Here
We believe heartfelt, human connections make people's lives better. Especially the people who work here.
Our founder, Bill Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect, from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose today.
Your work here has meaning. You're here to improve the lives of coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and together we make that happen. It's what drives all that we do. Every day you can improve lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same in return. It all starts with you.
How We're Different
Our San Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life kick started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this day.
It all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you - with your diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky personality - is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because we know that when people can be themselves at work, they shine.
That's what we seek out and celebrate. It's people of all kinds who share a knack for creativity and self-leadership. People who don't need to be told what to do to get things done. People who have an innate passion for making others' lives better.
It adds up to a work environment that's a bit quirky, irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering, and downright exceptional. Guests feel it; you'll feel it too.
Working at Kimpton is not just about working. And it’s certainly not like working at other places. We value personality, individuality, creativity, doing right, continually improving, focus and passion.
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles, education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual orientation, gender identities and genders.
Be Yourself – Lead Yourself – Make it Count
Your day to day
What’s the job?
As IT Manager you’ll ensure our computers are installed properly, working efficiently and that system security measures are in place. You’ll also install new systems to improve hotel always following standards and guidelines and make sure your teams have the tools and resources they need to work well.
Reports to the Regional Director of IT and General Manager.
- As primary contact for servicing the computer hardware you’ll manage and monitor all computer hardware and make systems are installed properly and working efficiently.
- Ensure all hotel policies and information security comply with standards.
- Maintain an up-to-date list of all computer hardware and software at hotel.
- Ensure that all computer media saves, and back-ups are completed, documented and stored per specifications.
- Control security for computer room and ensures that the computer room fire protection, temperature control, and power requirements meet the security specification as described in the security system.
- Administer all user ID’s, passwords, and the most sensitive system utilities, secures all touchy resources and critical libraries under the supervision of the IT Leader.
- Provide recommendation and drive results to ensures that hotel has appropriate technology roadmap to meet short-term and long-terms needs.
- Assists in monitoring and controlling departmental cost.
What we need from you
What we need from you
- Diploma or Degree in Computer Science, IT or related field.
- +3 years’ related experience or with computer set-up and troubleshooting.
- Must be fluent in local language and English.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of networks and operating systems and databases.
- Proactive, positive, energetic, dynamic, emphatic, team-worker and with passion for service.
- Opera PMS knowledge will be valuable.
What we offer
What to expect from us
- Opening experience!
- Oportunity to grow in an international hotel company.
- Discounted international room rates.
- Employee recognition programmes.
- Training programmes and access to IHG’s training tool.
- Meals whilst on duty.