IT Manager - InterContinental Mark Hopkins
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United States, California, San Francisco
Hotel: InterContinental - Mark Hopkins San Francisco (SFOHA)
Job number: R202314
Discover San Francisco's historic charm at our InterContinental® Mark Hopkins San Francisco hotel, where modern luxuries meet the Bay area's golden, glamorous era. Find breathtaking views at our Nob Hill hotel, featuring opulent rooms with unique artwork, modern amenities, and an easy stroll to the area's top attractions. Discover panoramic views of the City while enjoying signature cocktails at Top of the Mark sky lounge, or let our Concierge Desk curate your personalized, unforgettable stay.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts®, we own, operate and franchise more than 3000 hotels, offering close to half a million guest rooms in nearly 100 countries. By bringing your expertise and passion to any one of our brands, you will help us achieve our vision: to be the most preferred, admired, and successful hotel company the world over.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
- Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
- Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership of getting things done.
- Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
As an IT Manager, you will manage all aspects of the Information Technology function. You will also ensure that the hotel computer systems, personal computers and network systems are operating properly. This is the top IT job in a large full-service, luxury, resort, or major flagship hotel with an extensive range of facilities and services, and extensive systems needs.
Your day to day
- Develop and control the departmental budget.
- Coordinate purchase of program applications or enhancements to meet specific hotel needs only if these applications are not covered by existing standards prescribed by the corporate office.
- Designate selected individuals for each system to train so that these individuals can train other users.
- Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with company rules and policies.
- Alert General Manager of potentially serious issues.
- Interact with outside contacts:
- Guests – to ensure their total satisfaction
- Vendors – to arrange services
- Regulatory agencies – regarding safety and emergency matters
- Other contacts as needed (professional organizations, community groups)
- Manage and monitor the operation of all computer hardware, ensure all systems are working and installed properly, and serve as the primary contact for servicing the computer hardware.
- Ensure that all systems are covered by the proper maintenance contracts and that preventive maintenance is performed as required.
- Continually keep informed of approved systems and technology that may contribute to improve hotel efficiency, including, but not limited to:
- Cabling Systems
- Personal Computer and Software
- Electronic Key Systems
- Accounting Systems
- Other Systems
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of all computer hardware.
- Manage the configuration reports, job control languages, program files and data files on the computer system(s) to ensure maximum operating efficiency.
- Monitor the performance of the software and maintain a log book of performance report e.g., through systems measurement facility/utility, error and integrity check reports, system malfunctions and solutions.
- Establish documents, test, and communicate appropriate emergency procedures to follow when the hotel computer system(s) are inoperable.
- Ensure that all computer media saves and back-ups are completed, documented and stored per IHG specifications.
- Manage the day to day activities of the Information Technology function, plan and organize work.
- Install and test corporate approved program changes to the hotel computer system(s).
- Investigate and report software problems to the vendor, or appropriate corporate department.
- Understand all standard and customized features and functions of the hotel front office systems, point of sale systems, and other systems, including but not limited to system security, system reports, manager functions, system utilities, and user functions.
- Control the key/lock for computer room and ensure that the computer room fire protection, temperature control, and power requirements meet the company security specification as described in the company security system.
- Control all user ID’s, passwords, and security parameters.
- Maintain technical and user documentation, systems reports, newsletter and announcement in an orderly and secure fashion.
- Complete & distribute activity reports, program trouble reports, and enhancement list.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What we need from you
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or relevant field of expertise, and 2 years of systems experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Working knowledge of local area networks and Microsoft Windows. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Use a keyboard to operate various property management systems, etc.
- Carrying, pushing, or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Frequent stooping and kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and management reports, interpreting results, giving and receiving instructions, and training.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Not applicable for Colorado applicants.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.