Location: United States, Georgia, Atlanta
Hotel: Corp Atlanta Ravinia, Three Ravinia Drive, Suite 100, 30346
Job number: R204737
Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Your day to day
Job Summary – (Role Summary)
The IT Architect is a member of a team delivering new technology capabilities to the Company’s owners, customers, and partners within the organization. The IT Architect helps set the vision and parameters that Agile delivery teams operation within. In addition, the IT Architect helps build and support governance processes that ensure that team deliverables meet the Company’s standards for performance, availability, quality, security, and maintainability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
- Leads the architectural efforts of large, complex projects (e.g., a family of products or IT services) involving multiple vendors, multiple technologies, leading‐edge technologies, and broad implications for architecture and develops roadmap incorporating industry best practices.
- Leads the development of complex proposals related to integrating multiple architecture domains (i.e., process, application, data, infrastructure).
- Manages the architectural lifecycle, ensuring that engineering and maintenance phases conform to the architecture.
- Makes strategic decisions about system design, implementation, and maintenance.
- Analyzes systems and processes from end to end.
- Analyzes quality attributes of solutions and evaluates the technical and economic feasibility of proposed solutions.
- Interacts with clients or senior management in geographically and/or socially diverse teams on strategic operations, serving as an expert in several specialties or components.
- Participates as a member of a team to assess and recommend a migration strategy to new technologies.
- Stays current on latest technologies and trends.
What we need from you
Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
Typically, a minimum of 10+ years of progressive work-related experience with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines, technologies, or processes related to the position.
Technical skills and Knowledge –
- Technical mastery and competency in all architecture, with vast knowledge of the capabilities and constraints of technologies supported.
- Understanding of the designs and technology footprints of multiple products within a product family.
- Champion engineering process disciplines (e.g., Scrum, Agile, Kanban, ITIL).
- Champion industry process improvement programs (e.g., CMMI, IOS‐9000, FDA, Six Sigma).
- DevSecOps pipelines and patterns
- Linux Administration
- Application Testing Best Practices: Unit, Functional, Security
- Agile SCRUM
Nice to Have:
- Cloudbees CI and RO or Electicflow
- Open-Source Runtimes e.g. Springboot, NPM, Apache, Java
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.
Not Applicable for Colorado Applicants.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.