Hygiene Officer at voco® Dubai The Palm (Pre-opening)
Hotel Brand: voco
Location: United Arab Emirates, Dubai, Dubai
Hotel: voco™ - The Palm (DXBPJ)
Job number: EMEAA28289
Welcome to voco®, IHG’s new upscale brand.
Drawing on our years of experience in delivering True Hospitality, voco Hotels, gives people a different choice. Hotels that are reliable enough to depend on, but different enough to be fun. Our new family of hotels are connected by their individual characters that make memorable travel dependable. Unstuffy hotels, where people feel comfortable to relax, and just get on with relaxing. Hotels that stand out from the crowd.
Becoming part of the family, everyone’s a host…
Every great stay starts with a great host, who are the beating heart of our hotels. Our teams are there when people need them but, give them space to relax. It’s these thoughtful touches that give our service the balance guests adore: natural and easy-going but, also friendly without being over the top.
voco Dubai Palm The Palm is conveniently located on the trunk of the manmade island while being part of the newly launched “Palm West Beach”, a trendy and vibrant spot with an array of exceptional dining concepts. The 141 keys property is scheduled to open its doors to guests in early 2022.
Your day to day
As Hygiene Office, you'll lead the implementation of the HACCP System in the hotel and ensure full compliance with the standards as per IHG and local regulations.
You responsibilities are:
- Set-up and implement the HACCP system in the hotel
- Implement sanitation controls in all related departments.
- Use the Dubai “Food Watch” system and ensure all requirements are met
- Conduct spot checks on food items received for temperature abuse.
- Ensure hotel policies are administered fairly and disciplinary documentation completed.
- Knowledgeable to decision and problem-solving skills.
- Will be responsible for coordinating in the development of food safety program with the support of the F&B leaders
- As a HACCP team leader, he/she must ensure that all the related staff is well aware about the food safety requirements and basic food hygiene.
- Lead the team in the implementation of HACCP system development, monitoring and documentation of HACCP systems.
- To assist in developing the HACCP Pre-requisites and to do daily monitoring.
- To conduct the HACCP internal audit of the food handling practices and HACCP system.
- To visit the suppliers and to carry out the suppliers’ audits to mutually benefit each other.
- Communication between departments about HACCP implementation and corrective action and follow-up if any correction action is necessary.
- To keep and update all the related records about HACCP and Hygiene.
- To coordinate regular food safety meeting and minutes and document the food safety report.
- Understands the technology or equipment used for preparation, practical aspects of food preparation and the flow process.
- To train the food handlers on CCP’s, corrective action and monitoring procedures.
What we need from you
- Two years experience in similar role in a hotel environment
- Certifications and qualifications in Food Safety Management
- A naturally outgoing and friendly personality with a passion for service excellence to consistently deliver and demonstrate voco™ service standards
- A true “team-player” mentality and flexible attitude towards a diverse set of tasks
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with great salary and benefits – in addition to career development, employee room discounts and great work culture. Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics.
As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve -visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
At IHG, we are committed to developing our team and managing our talent and would encourage internal as well as external candidates to apply for any of our vacancies.
We are an equal opportunities employer.