Human Resources Manager | InterContinental Wellington
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: New Zealand, Wellington, Wellington
Hotel: InterContinental - Wellington (WLGGS)
Job number: EMEAA22052
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand.
Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience.
If you'd like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury hotel brand.
InterContinental Wellington is an iconic location in the heart of Wellington city. We have a strong passion for developing great people and are looking for an experienced Human Resources professional to join us on our journey as we continue our business growth.
Your day to day
As HR Manager, you’ll make sure our employees are enabled and empowered through HR programmes in your hotel. You’ll also promote a positive team culture while ensuring our colleagues deliver a guest experience that is unique and brings the brand to life.
- Coach and mentor leaders with all aspects of people management
- Build traction of all IHG People Initiatives, supporting a great start for all new colleagues
- Partner with managers to identify and support the development of talent through talent management and succession planning
- Oversee employment relations processes
What we need from you
- Four years’ related experience in Human Resources
- Excellent communication skills & the ability to build strong relationships with colleagues
- Excellent understanding the New Zealand employment environment
- Enjoy developing and motivating people to achieve their best
- Tertiary qualification in Human Resources, Employment Law or related field preferred.
- A driven nature & strong leadership skills
- Right to work in New Zealand
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a uniform, great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.