Human Resources Manager | Full Time | InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: Australia, Victoria, Melbourne
Hotel: Melbourne (MELHA), 495 Collins Street, 3000
Job number: 114883
Join us in sharing the story of our rich heritage, surrounded by 1890s architecture adorned with two unique and stunning gothic-style facades. InterContinental Melbourne the Rialto is nestled on legendary Collins Street in the heart of Melbourne's Central Business District. We are part of the world's first truly global luxury hotel brand, InterContinental Hotels and Resorts and our hotels feature in the most discerning locations in every corner of the planet. Our colleagues thrive on proudly sharing their local knowledge on Melbourne’s best kept secrets and experiences, through local landmarks or experiences delivered to your room. We provide a global experience through a local lens every day, so if you are motivated to providing memorable guest moments and enjoy sharing your Melbourne-insider wisdom, take the time to apply now.
We are a people powered business, so, we’re looking for an experienced and confident Human Resources Manager. Someone who recognises that culture is key–with the drive to create an enabling and empowering environment that brings the best out of our team to ensure they deliver truly memorable experiences for our guests.
Your day to day
• This is a great role for someone looking to lead the HR function (HR team of two) as a trusted advisor to the GM and an integral and consultative member of the hotel's leadership team (Excom)
• Create engagement programs and an annual calendar to foster a positive work environment for every colleague
• Administer an annual Colleague Satisfaction survey and work with leaders to create impactful action plans
• Use best practice recruitment strategies to attract and source talented colleagues
• Welcome new colleagues, ensuring they have an incredible onboarding journey
• Work through any performance management activities
• Support line managers and departmental trainers in ensuring L&D resources are used to create learning culture
• Work with line managers to ensure InterContinental brand standards are embedded throughout the hotel
• Develop creative ways to inspire and motivate the team to provide exceptional guest experiences
• Manage employee records and ensuring compliance with relevant labour laws, regulations and employment policies & procedures
• Worke with finance to ensure fortnightly payroll and costings are correct.
• Proactively enhance internal communication through forums, newsletters and other inspiring ways to connect with colleagues
• Manage the Talent Reviews and guide leaders in creating development plans to encourage career growth and retention.
What we need from you
• This is a great role for a first-time manager with 3-5 years’ related experience in a HR business partnering role
• Knowledge of upscale hotels or in a related customer service industry
• Tertiary qualifications in Human Resources Management or a related business degree
• Strong knowledge of Australian Labor Laws; familiarity with HIGA preferred.
• HRIS / T&A systems
• Fluent written/spoken English
• Unrestricted full working rights in Australia
What we offer
We give our people everything they need to succeed. Rewards for all your hard work to a wide range of benefits designed to help you live your best work life – including a full uniform, impressive room discounts and some of the best training in the business.
Our mission is to welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
IHG gives every member of the team the room they need to belong, grow and make a difference in a collaborative environment. We know that to work well, we need to feel well – both inside and outside of work – and through our ‘myWellbeing’ framework, we are committed to supporting wellbeing in your health, lifestyle, and workplace.
So, join us and you’ll become part of our ever-growing global family.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.