Human Resources Coordinator- Intercontinental New York Barclay
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United States, New York, New York
Hotel: InterContinental - New York Barclay (NYCHA)
Job number: R187573
An icon of refined Manhattan elegance since 1926, the InterContinental New York Barclay re-opened in spring 2016, following an extensive renovation as the city’s luxury hotel of choice. Located off Park Avenue in midtown east, The Barclay features 702 beautifully-designed guestrooms with 30 suites, an opulent Presidential Suite and Penthouse Sky Suite with 1,500 feet of outdoor space and Chrysler Building views. The hotel boasts 15,000 square feet of meeting space and two large ballrooms for New York’s most memorable weddings, benefits, and galas. The Barclay offers a Club InterContinental®. It's Gin bar and lounge with light dining, is a dynamic social hub in the hotel’s expansive lobby. The “new” Barclay' embraces the hotel's distinctive legacy, while modernizing every detail.
Your day to day
- Maintain and advise staff on Policy & Procedures as necessary.
- Conducts quarterly employee forums.
- Manages employee engagement surveys,
- Handles union issues and grievances as required.
- Regularly consults with the Director of Human Resources to ensure compliance matters and union relations matters are addressed.
- Advises management on labor-relations issues relative to business operations.
- Supports HR team when necessary in the area of Risk Management, Benefit Administration, Training, Reward & Recognition, Recruitment, Responsible Business (community outreach), corporate initiatives, and Employee Relations events.
- Prepare and send monthly reports as necessary
- Keep logs and files up to date on a regular basis
- Maintain necessary records as required by local law and federal law
- Plan and coordinate with Director all employee recognition social activities (Employee of the month, Service Luncheons, Holiday Party, etc.)
- Ensure security and confidentiality of all information.
- Understand and communicate workplace issues and complaints
- Position will report to the Director of Human Resources
What we need from you
ACCOUNTABILITY: This job supports the Human Resources function for one or more large full service luxury or resort properties, typically employing more than 150 employees.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in equivalent combination of education and extensive employee relations experience preferred.
- Successful candidate must have a minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible positions in Human Resources. Candidate must have worked in a large hotel (500+ rooms).
- Demonstrated knowledge of hotel operations
- Requires strong internal and external networking skills.
- Basic knowledge of computers (Word, power point, excel and HR systems) required.
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills a must
- Must speak fluent English.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes weekends, overnights and holidays.
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of the time when interacting with others.
- Superior reading and writing abilities are essential when completing reports, documentation and giving or receiving instructions.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are often used.
- Analytical and strategic resolution of problems.
- Calm and professional demeanor necessary to be successful.
- Ability to effectively advocate ideas and influence internal and external audiences.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Standing, bending, reaching and moving around the facility
- Handling objects, files, training materials and equipment, etc.
- Using a computer keyboard consistently to generate various work-related documents
- Conducting verbal communications frequently either in person or via telephone