Human Resources Coordinator
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United States, Illinois, Chicago
Hotel: InterContinental - Chicago Magnificent Mile (ORDHA)
Job number: R204836
THE JEWEL OF CHICAGO'S MAGNIFICENT MILE
InterContinental Chicago is a lot like the city itself; historic but hip, refined but relaxed, cultured but comfortable. A member of Michigan Avenue's architectural elite since 1929, our hotel is within easy reach of Chicago's incomparable museums, stores, theatres and restaurants. Navy Pier, Shedd Aquarium and Oak Street Beach are minutes away.
The InterContinental Hotel Group owns, operates and franchise more than 9,000 hotels, 120 million stays per year in nearly 100 countries. Our people lie at the heart of our business - and by bringing your expertise and passion to IHG; you will help us to achieve our goal of creating Great Hotels Guest Love.
Michael Jordan's Steakhouse is a dynamic restaurant founded on excellence befitting the caliber of Michael Jordan himself. Excellence in food and service among the team members is the game plan for our guests. Cornerstone Restaurant Group is our business partner for Michael Jordan's Steakhouse and Michael Jordan's Bar to help execute our flawless, personalized service.
Your day to day
Perform all aspects of Human Resource Administration, assist Internal and External Guests, provide Administrative Assistance to HR Director, and assist in all employee relations programs, policies and procedures in accordance with federal, state and local laws and regulations while limiting liabilities and promoting a safe, fair, positive work environment.
- Reports directly to the Director of Human Resources
- Communications with Executive Committee Members, Department Heads, Managers, Supervisors, employees and potential employees
- Corporate HR, MyTeam, Vendors
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist new hires with completing their paperwork and ensure all files are properly completed and enter new hire data in MyTeam.
- Receive and process PAFs (Personnel Action Form) for data entry processing (90 Day, Equity, Union, and Annual Salary Increases, terminations, vacation and personal days, employee transfers, promotions, status change, etc.), ensuring required signatures are received Payroll.
- Track 90 Day and 1 Year merit and union increases; processing within applicable pay period.
- Complete and fax UC Express Unemployment Requests and TALX New Hire eligibility in a timely manner to meet deadlines.
- Ensure Termination PAFs are received with the Separation Checklist and Exit Interview and process within applicable pay period.
- Receive and process Shoes for Crews orders.
- Maintain and process monthly CTA/Transit Card orders, working with Accounting to ensure required credit card information is on file and applicable payroll deductions are processed.
- Distribute benefit packets to employees, explaining benefit plans and deadline dates to enroll.
- Maintain, handle and process all Leave of Absence (LOA) requests, ensuring employee submits the required Leave Request, applicable Physician Medical Certifications and return to work release. Work closely with MyTeam to ensure the Leave is entered accurately and employee returned to worked as appropriate.
- Maintain the applicable State and Federal Law Posters, ensuring they are posted.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with managers to ensure timely and accurate completion of all necessary paperwork.
- Ensure employees and new hires meet I-9 compliance regulations.
- Provide backup for the Employment Coordinator, provide Administrative Assistance as needed, and perform other duties, tasks and special projects as assigned.
What we need from you
- Proficient in Microsoft applications i.e., Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point and Publisher
- Effective verbally and written communication skills
- Ability to promote positive relations with all individuals who approach/call the HR department; understand employees’ inquiries and provide responses in a timely manner.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all information.
- Capability to answer all phone calls using the proper phone etiquette
- Communicate pertinent employee information to designated departments/personnel.
- Proficiency in filing and maintaining filing system.
- Ability to focus on employees' needs, remaining calm and courteous.
- Ability to focus attention on details, think clearly, and make concise decisions.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow-up.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to maintain a highly positive and friendly image that will reflect well on hotel's overall appearance.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
What we offer
At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do.
And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team. In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan.
Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Do you see yourself as a Human Resources Coordinator? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Not applicable for Colorado applicants.