Human Resources Advisor - Multi Property
Hotel Brand: voco
Location: United Kingdom, Scotland, Glasgow
Hotel: voco™ - Grand Central Hotel (GLAGS)
Job number: R204985
voco Grand Central & Kimpton Blythswood Square are looking for a Cluster HR Advisor to join the HR team.
Our Cluster HR Advisors enable our business to deliver outstanding performance through great colleague experiences. You will report to the Cluster HR Business Partner (HRBP) and contribute to the overall success of the people agenda. You will assist the HRBP ensure our team can deliver a guest experience that is personalised and always exceeds expectation, in line with our brand standards.
This role will give a great opportunity for a HR Advisor to coach and lead our colleagues playing a major part in the hotel’s growth and development. You will be committed to delivering heartfelt care, unique design and quality in surprising ways.
Working as a Cluster HR Advisor you will ensure all team members are aligned with the IHG philosophy and will require flexibility in your shifts. You will be required to work across both properties, as and when required.
Your day to day
Will include but not be limited to:
- Implementation of the People Plan to create a meaningful colleague lifecycle experience.
- Enable managers to create a positive, inclusive, and engaging culture.
- Own the on-boarding process ensuring that all colleagues have a great start, coach, track, and advise managers throughout a 90-day starter programme.
- Assist and guide managers on engagement, performance, and retention activities.
- Support, coach and advise managers and colleagues on HR queries and directing them to the appropriate channels.
- Drive the colleague experience by coaching managers to mediate and mitigate arising issues.
- Utilise HR systems to access, track, manage and compile data and insights.
- Own and deliver IHG Colleague surveys including administration and facilitation of action planning activities.
- Ensure the consistent implementation of IHG HR policies.
- Work independently when HRBP is not in the same location.
- Improve processes, systems, and products.
- Assist managers in identifying training gaps and facilitate action plans.
What we need from you
So, what’s in for you (just in case you need more persuading)
Not bragging but we are part of the IHG Hotels and Resorts family, a FTSE 100 Company, market leader in delivering True Hospitality for Good around the world, so we can offer you a market leading package:
- Up to £30,000 per annum
- Opportunities for promotion and transfer across the group
- Company Pension scheme
- 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (Increasing with Service to a Max 33 Days)
- Discounted international/worldwide room rates for yourself, family and friends
- Access to our Voluntary Benefits portal which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Long service awards which increase with length of service
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop your career.
What we offer
Working at IHG is not just about working. And it’s certainly not like working at other places. We value personality, individuality, creativity, focus and passion
To succeed as our Cluster HR Advisor, you will need:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of working in a generalist HR Advisor/Manager role ideally in an operational environment from a retail, hospitality, or service organisation.
- CIPD Level 5 or demonstrable professional experience and a sound understanding of UK employment law and best practice.
- Working collaboratively with line managers to drive commercial performance through people.
- Good organisational and planning skills with the ability to work under pressure and to multiple deadlines.
- Ability to understand commercial drivers of the business and the implications of your choices and interventions.
- Takes responsibility to provide consistent and pragmatic and timely advice and delivery solutions that meet business needs.
- Show determination and drive to deliver results and overcome challenges.
- Understand what positive culture looks and feels like.
- High level of accuracy and willing to learn new HRSS systems.
- Planning and implementing time bound projects.
Do you have what it takes to be our Cluster HR Advisor? We’d love to hear from you.
Please click ‘apply’ now!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.