Housing Attendant - Human Resources - InterContinental Hotels Group® Dubai Festival City
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United Arab Emirates, Dubai, Dubai
Hotel: InterContinental - Dubai - Festival City (DXBHB)
Job number: EMEAA22901
Do you see yourself as Housing Attendant for InterContinental Hotels Group® Dubai Festival City?
What's your passion? Whether you're into triathlon, exploring new restaurants or dancing the tango, at IHG we're interested in you. We love people who apply the same amount of passion and precision to their jobs as they do to their hobbies. Imagine working for a company that gives you Room to be yourself. Our commitment to our people is to deliver room to have a great start, to learn and grow, to perform, to be recognized and rewarded, to be involved and to take the initiative and lead.
The InterContinental Hotels Group® properties in Dubai Festival City consist of four hotel brands. These include the luxury brand InterContinental, the superior upscale Crowne Plaza, the lavish long-stay InterContinental Residence Suites and the vibrant mid-scale Holiday Inn. In addition to over 1000+ bedrooms, the four properties boast a selection of high quality restaurants and bars, an impressive 3,800 square meter Event Centre across two levels, the 5,000 square meters Festival Arena by InterContinental, the luxurious Spa InterContinental, state-of-the-art gymnasium and swimming pool facilities. We are looking for people who are friendly, welcoming and full of life to people to join over 900 colleagues who are always finding ways to make every guests experience an enjoyable one. We value the passion and enthusiasm of our colleagues, and encourage you to share your passion when you work with us.
Your day to day
- Maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- Report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and provide courteous and professional service to internal and external customers to ensure IHG DFC Standards are complied with.
- Constantly being aware of the room status on assigned blocks and public areas and ensures that assigned blocks including the corridors, back of the house, areas, stairways, and storerooms are kept safe and clean and to report any defects to Team Leader.
- To ensure that the cleanliness and the orderliness in the assigned areas are maintained at all times.
- Ensure all equipment on assigned blocks are kept cleaned and in good working order at all times in order to attain maximum life of all housekeeping machines.
- Ensure complete understanding of and adheres to the policy relating to the fire, hygiene, health and safety to ensure accurate procedures are followed through in case of emergency.
- Ensure complete understanding in handling housekeeping cleaning chemicals and others equipment to ensure safety while at work.
- Perform any other duties that Management may reasonably require.
- Prepare room for new colleague arriving as per the SOP’S.
- Ensure that no misuse of equipment or FF& E in the accommodation is taking place.
What we need from you
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills
- Understanding of and ability to speak English.
- At least 1 year experience in Housekeeping (Middle East Experience)
- Must be able to lift 30lbs.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a competitive salary and benefits.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG® family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
So go on - show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests.