Houseperson - Hotel Indigo San Diego
Hotel Brand: Hotel Indigo
Location: United States, California, San Diego
Hotel: San Diego-Gaslamp Quarter (SANIS), 509 9th Avenue, 92101
Job number: 106054
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor and control supplies and amenities, and minimize waste within all areas of housekeeping.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Report to supervisor needed repairs or unsafe conditions.
- Respond to guest complaints and ensure corrective action is taken to achieve complete guest satisfaction.
- Respond to guests’ requests such as delivery of housekeeping supplies (e.g. linens, cots, etc.) in a timely and efficient manner
- May collect newspaper and other items for recycling.
- Assist room attendants with heavy items such as mattresses and linens. Stock linen storage, deliver linens and other supplies to room attendants.
- Clean other designated areas such as public restrooms, lobby area fixtures, vending areas, storage areas, and other public areas for assigned floors.
- Remove all trash in guest rooms and dirty linen from assigned Room Attendants’ carts and closets and transport to laundry.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of floor closets and vending areas; remove trash, wipe down shelves/counters; vacuum hallways, sweep stairwells and wax floor, remove non-floor closet items and store in appropriate areas.
- Assist with deep cleaning projects.
- May assist with other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Basic reading, writing, and math skills. Some housekeeping experience and ability to speak English preferred. This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 75 pounds and pushing and or pulling items up to 300 pounds
- Frequently standing up and moving about the facility
- Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility
- Frequently bending, stooping, and kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and employees.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when reading assignments and completing checklists.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
The hourly pay range for this role is $17.00 - $18.50. This is only applicable for jobs to be performed in San Diego, CA. This is the lowest to highest pay scale we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the pay range will be based on several factors including, but limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, and business or organizational needs.
We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k, and any other benefits to eligible employees.
You can apply for this role through the link below (or through internal career site if you are a current employee).
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer/M/F/D/V
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.