Houseman/Houseperson - Part time - Holiday Inn Melbourne Airport
Hotel Brand: Holiday Inn
Location: Australia, Victoria, Melbourne
Hotel: Holiday Inn - Melbourne Airport (MELCR)
Job number: EMEAA34712
Travel is a journey. At Holiday Inn, we help make it a joy.
At Holiday Inn, we thrive on making our guests stays brighter, helping them create memories that will last a lifetime. Irresistible smiles are our specialty. We should know, we’ve been on our journey since 1952. So if you can help us spread the joy of travel to all, we’d love to give you a warm welcome to the Holiday Inn® family!
We are currently seeking an experienced House person to join our housekeeping team.
Your day to day
The house person plays an integral role to support the housekeeping team and the wider hotel team, and your day to day will include:
- Ensuring all service areas are fully stocked with guest amenities, towels and linen for the day ahead
- Moving clean and dirty linen trolleys around hotel as required
- Attend to guest requests and support our IHG Clean Promise
- Notify the Engineering team of any maintenance requests in a timely fashion
- Ensure service areas and public areas are maintained well and kept neat and tidy
- Support the housekeeping team with any ad hoc cleaning support as needed
What we need from you
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Experience - you have worked in a similar role in a hotel property
- Strength – this role is a physical role where you will be on your feet and will be pushing linen trolleys of up to 23kg
- Flexibility - Availability to work shifts across a 7 day roster including weekends and public holidays
- Can do attitude – wanting to support your team members and roll up your sleeves
- Detail - a great eye for detail and wanting everything to be perfectly in its place
- Full working rights for Australia (sponsorship is unfortunately not an option).
What we offer
We offer great benefits here at Holiday Inn Melbourne Airport including:
- Above Award hourly rates with loadings for weekend and public holiday shifts
- Fully paid training
- Free car parking on site
- Uniform and laundry provided
- On shift meals provided
- A paid day of leave for your birthday - hip hip hooray!
- Hotel and food & beverage discounts across IHG hotels Australia and Worldwide
So show us how you can make our guests smile here at Holiday Inn and apply now!
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.