Housekeeping Uniform Attendant (Full Time & Part Time) | InterContinental Sydney
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Job number: EMEAA34659
Welcome to the height of luxury, where heritage wonder and contemporary flair collide. Centrally positioned in the heart of Circular Quay, InterContinental Sydney extends breathtaking panoramic views of the Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge.
Set within the beautifully restored Treasury Building of 1851, InterContinental Sydney is renowned as one of the city’s prized icons. With 509 guest rooms including 28 luxury suites, an award-winning and world class Club InterContinental lounge and vibrant dining venues, a complete five-star experience awaits.
We are delighted to be at the final stage of our exquisite $100-million-dollar hotel refurbishment, set to transform all guest rooms, suites and public spaces; introduce new restaurants and bars; and restore the heritage features of our landmark building.
We now have new opportunities to join our team as Housekeeping Uniform Attendant - FullTime and Part Time
Your day to day
We recognise and appreciate that our housekeeping team contribute such an important part of our guests memorable and luxurious experience.
As part of our Housekeeping Team you will have a strong customer focus with a meticulous eye for detail to ensure our colleague and guest laundry needs are cleaned and maintained at the very highest high standard.
Your day to day will involve:
- Fitting and issuing uniforms to colleagues
- Maintaining accurate records in the provision of uniforms
- Checking uniforms for repair needs
- Sorting and checking worn uniforms ,used linen and guest items
- Gathering and sorting guest and colleague items and preparing these for collection by the laundry provider
- Maintain the uniform stocks and conduct uniform stock take every month
- Complete Minor repairs such as replacing buttons and minor steam pressing as needed
- Organise the washing/servicing of all soft furnishing items from the guest room such as Duvet, Mattress toppers, Blankets, Pillow protectors and Mattress Protectors
- Assisting the wider Housekeeping Team as needed
What we need from you
- Exceptionally Customer service focused
- High attention to detail
- Able to work in a team as well as individually
- Have experience working in a similar position is great but not essential
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills
- Enjoy being on your feet and moving
- Are naturally personable and friendly
- Seamstress Experience is preferred
We have a Full Time and Part Time opportunity and the Uniform department runs from 630 am- 7.00 pm so you must be available within that range of hours.
What we offer
In return, not only will you be rewarded with a competitive salary, you will also be rewarded with a range of benefits that supports you throughout your IHG career journey.
- Meal on Shift
- Proactive paid wellness and mental health days
- Some of the best colleague discounts across our IHG Hotels for accommodation, food and beverage
- An immense colleague discounts platform for all your favourite brands and retailers
- Paid Birthday Leave
- Enhanced parental leave program
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual.
Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development programs, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG.
We are proud to be InterContinental Sydney and proud to be IHG and we know you will be too. Visit http://careers.ihg.com/ to find out more about us.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.