Housekeeping Team Leader (Full Time) - InterContinental Perth City Centre
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: Australia, Western Australia, Perth
Hotel: InterContinental - Perth City Centre (PERHA)
Job number: EMEAA21040
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience.
If you'd like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury hotel brand.
InterContinental Perth City Centre opened in October 2017 and is a 240-room design orientated hotel in the heart of Perth's CBD. Currently the hotel is operating as a WA Government Controlled Quarantine Facility.
Your day to day
InterContinental Perth City Centre is seeking a full time Housekeeping Team Leader to join the winning team to ensure a memorable guest experience is delivered, colleagues are engaged and performing to the standards whilst always following safety and compliance requirements and local policies and procedures.
Whilst operating as a Quarantine hotel, this work is only conducted in vacated guest rooms.
What we need from you
The successful candidate will be:
- a hands-on leader who isn’t afraid to lead by example
- a seasoned Housekeeping professional with experience in a similar hotel environment, alongside a passion for engaging, empowering, developing and motivating the team to succeed on every shift.
- a strong focus & experience with skills training & total quality management.
- a proven approach to problem solving.
- Have legal right to work in Australia without limitation or restriction.
- Willing and able to meet the inherent requirements of working in a Quarantine Facility, including:
- following various safety policies & procedures, such as regular Covid testing,
- using personal protective equipment as trained (PPE), and
- willingness to have a mandatory Covid vaccine.
- Have ability to work 'shift work', including weekends and public holidays.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great pay and benefits – including great room discounts and superb development.
It is an inherent requirement as a WA Hotel Quarantine Worker that successful candidates do not have other consecutive employment / income whilst the the hotel is a Government Controlled site. As a result, the successful candidate will receive 40% allowance from the WA Govt on top of the usual hourly rate while single site employment is required.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.