Housekeeping Team Leader
Hotel Brand: Kimpton (outside the Americas)
Location: United Kingdom, Scotland, Glasgow
Hotel: Kimpton - Glasgow Blyth (GLAPG)
Job number: R192907
Kimpton Blythswood Square Hotel are looking for a Housekeeper to join their 5* team
Kimpton Blythswood Square
When you work at Kimpton Blythswood Square, you become part of a special history that’s been building for almost two centuries and continues to unfold in style.
A landmark hotel in Scotland’s most vibrant city, Glasgow’s Kimpton Blythswood Square Hotel is celebrated for its gorgeous Georgian architecture, superior service (everyone here is nice), well-loved spa, unique event venues, and indulgent afternoon tea.
Do you want to be part of this Lifestyle Luxury property?
Your day to day
We are Looking for Housekeeping Team Leader who can commit to 40 Hours a week
We are paying £11.00 per hour, every hour worked is paid!
We are open 7 days a week 365 days a year and need people to work a range of shifts and days (this means we can offer great flexibility if required)
Working at Kimpton is not just about working. And it’s certainly not like working at other places. We value personality, individuality, creativity, doing right, continually improving, focus and passion.
What we need from you
You’ll be called upon to complete a wide variety of tasks and jobs within the hotel and it’s extremely important that you remain flexible and versatile around this. This is a role, where you play a vital part in delivering a superior guest experience, from Cleaning Public Areas to Hotel Suites.
To succeed as a Housekeeping Team Leader, you will need:
- Satisfies guests and team requests in a timely and professional manner enabling the deliver of the brand experience
- Exercise of leadership through fairness and respect and the demonstration of personal support of management directives
- Responsible for their own and their team cleanliness of guest rooms, corridor sand pantries within instructed area of responsibility
- Responsible for the day to day performance of housekeeping team members within their given area of responsibility
- Report and support team to report maintenance issues (using hotel service optimisation / property tool)
- Effective mentoring and training of the staff guided by the Housekeeping Manager so as to achieve and maintain quality brand standards through the execution of departmental trainings including the IHG Way of Clean program
- Leadership of team through excellent organizational skills and practices in line with effective time management
- Adheres to all legal rules, regulations and guidelines of the hotel
- Expected to step up to cover sickness or holidays of housekeeping management to fulfil wider duties on an ad hoc basis
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Housekeeping Team Leader? Then please click ‘apply’ now!
We’d love to hear from you!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.
What we offer
Housekeeping Team Leaders, receive some great benefits:
- 173 Hours Guaranteed Monthly Hours Contract, with the ability to Flex Hours up with business demand (Every Hour Worked Paid)
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days?(Pro Rated)
- Discounted international/worldwide room rates for yourself, family and friends
- Access to our voluntary benefits portal which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Vast range of learning and development programmes
- Opportunities for promotion and transfer across the group both national and international.
- Meals whilst on duty
- Uniform Provided
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual.
Our people help to make the biggest difference– we strive for perfection in everything we do for our guests, always focusing on what is important to them and always looking to improve. We take pride in the fact that we are experts in what we do and love to demonstrate this expertise to our guests with a sense of flair.