Housekeeping Supervisor (FT) Hotel Indigo San Diego - Temp
Hotel Brand: Hotel Indigo
Location: United States, California, San Diego
Hotel: Indigo - San Diego-Gaslamp Quarter (SANIS)
Job number: R186722
A little curiosity can take you anywhere. So, at Hotel Indigo ®, we do more than satisfy our guest’s curiosity, we inspire them. Our passionate colleagues help create memorable and unique experiences for our guests; in a place truly connected to the local neighbourhood, infused with intriguing design and local flavours. Where every day brings new discoveries, fresh experiences, and unexpected ideas.
And just like our hotels, no two colleagues are the same. So we’re curious about you. How will you inspire the eclectic rhythm in our hotels? How will you bring the local neighbourhood story to life? At Hotel Indigo® hotels, we’re excited to meet spirited characters who can delight the most curious guests.
Your day to day
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Control expenses and minimize waste within all areas of housekeeping.
• Monitor performance and recommend disciplinary action in accordance with company rules and policies. Alert management of potentially serious issues.
• Ensure all staff is properly trained and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their respective job duties.
• Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
• Respond to guest complaints, special requests and ensure corrective action is taken to achieve complete guest satisfaction.
• Inspect all assigned areas to ensure furnishings, guest rooms/suites, equipment, linens, and public areas are clean and in good repair to meet guest satisfaction. Advise employees of deficiencies and instruct on corrective action. Provide adequate retraining as needed.
• Assist with scheduling and room assignments to ensure proper coverage.
• Inspect storage rooms and room attendant carts for neatness, cleanliness, adequate supplies, and good repair.
• Complete all paperwork and closing duties such as filling out supply requisitions, maintenance request forms, and updating log books, etc.
• May perform all housekeeping duties necessary including makings beds and vacuuming and cleaning guest rooms to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Report, turn in, and/or log all lost and found items according to established procedures.
• May regularly assist with deep cleaning projects.
• May assist with other duties as assigned.
What we need from you
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
High School Diploma or equivalent plus 1-2 years housekeeping experience, preferably in a hotel of similar size and complexity, including some supervisory training/experience. Must speak fluent English.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
• Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds and pushing and or pulling approximately 200 pounds
• Frequently standing up and moving about the facility
• Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility
• Frequently bending, stooping, and kneeling
• Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and employees.
• Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when compiling departmental records, logs, or paperwork.
• Basic mathematical skills are used occasionally.
• May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
This is a temporary position with a possibility to go on Full Time.
Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself. So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG. IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.