Housekeeping Supervisor - InterContinental Hayman Island Resort
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: Australia, Queensland, Hayman Island
Hotel: InterContinental - Hayman Island Resort (HISHA)
Job number: EMEAA21119
InterContinental Hayman Island Resort welcomes a new era of immersive luxury in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef. Nestled at the northernmost point of Australia’s Whitsunday archipelago, Hayman Island’s location places you moments away from Langford Island, Blue Pearl Bay and Hook Island. This iconic luxury resort includes 168 guest rooms, suites, villas and residences, five distinct restaurants and bars, over 15 event spaces, a transformative Hayman Spa and Salon, and iconic private island experiences including private charters, snorkelling escapades and more.
Your day to day
Supporting our Executive Housekeeper with a team of 40, you will be responsible for daily allocations of duties across the team, inspection of guest rooms and public areas, supporting the team operationally and maintaining high standards of resort cleanliness and productivity.
We pride ourselves on a great team culture so as leaders in the department you will have a strong focus on developing your team to create a positive and productive work environment; building, motivating and upskilling them to ensure they are highly engaged and deliver results our guests expect from a luxury resort.
What we need from you
- 2+ years experience both in hospitality, leadership and working in a large complex hotel in a housekeeping environment.
- Proven ability to manage and develop a team, improve guest satisfaction and maintain costs and standards
- A proactive approach to developing and maintaining strong relationships and internal and external stakeholders will be fundamental to your success
- You will have a strong allround Housekeeping background, including Public Areas and Laundry.
What we offer
A wonderful team culture and a world class colleague Village experience for you working and living on Island!
- Our Colleague diner caters an extensive array of food offerings freshly prepared daily by our Village chefs
- Village facilities include a dedicated outdoor swimming pool, shop, bar, private staff beach and activities lawn
- We offer a comprehensive activities program for our colleagues, including wellness, sports, hiking and outdoor activities, movies nights and a lot more
We believe we work better together; our team culture is built on trust and support for each other. We welcome different perspectives and provide every opportunity for you to grow vertically, functionally, geographically and personally.
As part of the wider InterContinental Hotels & Resorts family with more than 5,300 hotels in over 100 countries, you also enjoy a great range of employee, friends and family discount rates across InterContinental Hotel & Resorts properties globally.
We have a number of roles across Full time, Part time and casual, so if this opportunity seems perfect for you we would love to hear from you.
To find out more about InterContinental Hayman Island Resort visit
Follow us on Instagram and Facebook
Follow us on Linkedin
**You must have full working rights in Australia**